Using a CF card larger than 4GB with the Alesis Fusion

Have a cool tip for the fusion? Or maybe you're looking for one? Here's the place!!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Post by Jesse » Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:57 pm

Thanks for the insight vna82 on the Fusion Club forum :)

I bought a 16GB SanDisk CF card created both a 4GB Logical fat partition & 4GB Primary fat partition with 64kb allocation unit size, and when I try to format it with the Fusion I get Invalid PBR on CF.

Using the 16GB CF card with a 4GB Primary FAT (FAT 16) partition with 64kb allocation unit size, I copied the OS 1.24 upgrade file and a volume folder with samples, multisamples and programs to the CF 4GB Primary FAT (FAT 16) partition while it was connected to the computer.

When I inserted the CF card into the Fusion I was able to boot up and update the Fusion OS as normally done on a 4GB or smaller CF card.
I was also able to see and play the programs on the CF card and copy the Volume Folder from the CF card to the Fusion Hard Drive :)

I tried the 16 GB CF card with (3) 4GB partitions on it, but only the first partition was usable :(

Jesse
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Drummond
General
General

Re: Using a CF card larger than 4GB with the Alesis Fusion

Post by Drummond » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks for the discoveries.
Alesis Fusion 6HD, 384mb, 80gb; Access Virus B; Univox Compac II; Hammond XK1C; Korg Kronos, 3gb/160gb; Moog Slim Phatty; Roland JP8000; Oberheim Matrix 1000; Casio MT600 and PT82; Cubase 10; Steinberg UR824; Motu Microlite / http://www.estudiodrummond.com.br

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Using a CF card larger than 4GB with the Alesis Fusion

Post by Jesse » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:04 am

Hi drummond, good to hear from you :)
Hope all is well for you and yours

Take Care ... Jesse
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank