MovinPro - from Joeri Peeters

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

MovinPro - from Joeri Peeters

Post by parametric » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:42 pm

Failed_Muso has just announced that Joeri's (formerly Commercial) MovinPro Bank is now FREE,

and available from: http://www.failedmuso.com/blog/sounds/ where you will find a download link,

(It's a 1.6Gb download) and a long demo . . . . .

We now have ALL Joeri's Banks available - which is great . . .

He made some great sounds for the Fusion, and it's right that they shouldn't disappear. :D

I'm sure we all wish him well in his new career in Photography . . . .!

I took a look: http://www.joeripeeters.com/Portfolio . . . . he seems rather GOOD at it . . . :)

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Arevyn
General
General

Re: MovinPro - from Joeri Peeters

Post by Arevyn » Sat Aug 25, 2018 6:24 pm

Oh man, thats amazing! Thanks so much for sharing Parametric! I wish him well in his new career as well and judging by the gallery hes going to do real well!

Thanks so much for this post!
6HD+SSD - Alesis 8HD+SSD - Yamaha CP33 - Ibanez AS93 with Graphtech Acoustiphonic System - Washburn WI64DL - Taylor 214CE QM 2016 Anniversary - 1982 Washburn D28 - Fibes Acoustic Bop Drums - Roland TD9 Hybrid kit

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:28 am

You are most welcome Sir! . . . . . I was just passing on some good news . . . :lol:

I actually bought MovinPro Years ago - hey, it was only 20 Euros THEN - which I thought was a steal . . .

IIRC - there is actually well OVER 128 programs in there. The Fusion can access them all, no problem,

BUT - they'll not be selectable via midi, from midi-in (I THINK I'm correct in that?)

Joeri's sounds are quite different from most other 3rd party ones, and it just goes to show how "personal" it is

possible to be. (if only I knew how to do that stuff :lol: ).

I have Klaus' Book of "Fusion Secrets" but presently cannot allocate the TIME required to understand how it all works IYSWIM . . . .

One day, perhaps?

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:43 am

They are nice sounds, I bought them when he first offered them :)

Very Nice photo's Joeri
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

EXer
General
General

Post by EXer » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:15 am

Many thanks for that information.
Fusion 8HD Klaus Schulze + 2 x Sector101 EXM-E3 128MB DRAM modules ; original 80 GB HD replaced with a SSD

Drummond
General
General

Post by Drummond » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:39 pm

this MovingPro bank is just awesome!!! It may be worth to buy a fusion just to use this.
Alesis Fusion 6HD, 384mb, 80gb; Access Virus B; Univox Compac II; Hammond XK1C; Korg Kronos, 3gb/160gb; Moog Slim Phatty; Roland JP8000; Oberheim Matrix 1000; Casio MT600 and PT82; Cubase 10; Steinberg UR824; Motu Microlite / http://www.estudiodrummond.com.br

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Wed Sep 05, 2018 1:35 am

:)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

EXer
General
General

Post by EXer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:22 pm

I have just had a look at the directories.

They can be installed 'as is', but I think this might be of interest:

• The FreeV soundset appears to be a subset of the MovinPro sound set.

• The MovinPro samples and multis are located in "\Samples\FreeV" and "\Multisamples\FreeV" directories.

So, if you already have FreeV installed, the additional samples and multis will be, er, added to the existing directories.
In fact, those names are a clue that FreeV predated MovinPro and that MovinPro is indeed an extension of FreeV.

• The MovinPro programs are located in a "\Programs\Movin Pro" directory.

There are 329 programs (.afp files), but the bank.txt file only refers to 310 items.

Programs with numbers over 128 cannot be accessed from the A-P and 1-8 buttons on the panel, so it might be convenient to split the "\Programs\Movin Pro" directory into 3 new directories, containing 128, 128 and 73 programs, respectively.

When MovinPro is installed the "\Programs\FreeV" program bank, being a subset, is no longer useful so it can be suppressed.
Fusion 8HD Klaus Schulze + 2 x Sector101 EXM-E3 128MB DRAM modules ; original 80 GB HD replaced with a SSD

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:45 pm

EXer wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 12:22 pm
IPrograms with numbers over 128 cannot be accessed from the A-P and 1-8 buttons on the panel, so it might be convenient to split the "\Programs\Movin Pro" directory into 3 new directories, containing 128, 128 and 73 programs, respectively.
THAT is an excellent idea EXer - they would then be reachable by midi and selectable in Songs . . . .

It's been on my mind that it NEEDED DOING for some time - just never got around to it :roll:

perhaps MovinPro1, MovinPro2 and MovinPro3 . . .?

Perhaps the difference in numbers (329 - 310) is due to some of the sounds actually being edits of the ROM content -

so not having any corresponding Samples/Multisamples folders?

parametric

EXer
General
General

Post by EXer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 pm

I have just finished preparing the files and the directories for transfering to my Fusion.

Since I wanted to keep the programs in the same order as in the original bank it was a lot of work (yeah, I know, I'm a maniac and it would have been much less work to just duplicate the folder 3 times, to sort the files alphabetically, to remove the unwanted files in each folder and to let the Fusion create the bank.txt files).

The files are currently being transfered to my Fusion.

Btw, the transfer rate remains horribly slow even with the SSD :evil:

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 pm

EXer wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:18 pm
17 of those 19 additional pgms are named "Program 1" to -"17", 2 are named "4D PadLead" & "Converted Replica".

None have a category.
___
Well, categories are really just icing on the cake . . . . . NICE, but not essential . . . . .

Besides - imagine torturing yourself about WHICH is the right category for any particular sound? (The jury would be out for YEARS on that one) :lol:
EXer wrote:
I have just finished preparing the files and the directories for transfering to my Fusion.

Since I wanted to keep the programs in the same order as in the original bank it was a lot of work (yeah, I know, I'm a maniac and it would have been much less work to just duplicate the folder 3 times, to sort the files alphabetically, to remove the unwanted files in each folder and to let the Fusion create the bank.txt files).
What you've decided sounds good to me! You might be a Maniac - but you're MY KIND of Maniac. :lol:

I've never thought TENACITY was a character defect in any case. . . . . :wink:
EXer wrote:
The files are currently being transfered to my Fusion.

Btw, the transfer rate remains horribly slow even with the SSD :evil:
Yeah, I think we were all disappointed with that outcome - SSD promising so much . . . . . :roll:

problem is that PATA controller, which we can't do anything about . . . It's great shame that external SATA port was never implemented . . .

Still . . . . you've done a GREAT job EXer!

Chris

EXer
General
General

Post by EXer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:05 pm

parametric wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:44 pm
Well, categories are really just icing on the cake . . . . . NICE, but not essential . . . . .

Besides - imagine torturing yourself about WHICH is the right category for any particular sound? (The jury would be out for YEARS on that one) :lol:
That's what the "OTHER" category is for :mrgreen:

EXer
General
General

Post by EXer » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:33 pm

I have just played some MovinPro sounds.

The programmer really did an outstanding job. Those are the best patches I currently have in my Fusion!

They make the Fusion shine like no other patches from other libraries do.

(those who know me know that I am rather sparing with compliments and that I'm a very demanding person when it comes to synth sounds; when I'm after a sound on my EX5 I can spend whole nights programming until I feel satisfied with the result).

So I say it again because it really deserves to be said: MovinPro is not only an excellent sound library, it is the best Fusion sound library I ever came across.

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:47 am

I am sure Joeri would love to hear that :)