New Rule - 9-02-06

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

soundman
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Rule - 9-02-06

Post by soundman »

Hi all,
I thought I'd let you all know. PLEASE do not put any sounds up unless you are the original creator. This means no soundfonts, etc. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks,
-Douglas
--
Without music, life would be a mistake.

hephiroth
Advanced
Advanced

Post by hephiroth »

here's a question that may be useful to this issue: what are the guidelines concerning the creation of samples of older synth gear? i know hollow sun samples old synths, etc, but i'm wondering if they follow some sort of rule about how old a synth is before they sample it.

for example, i have a Korg WaveStation SR rack unit, and i've thought about making some samples of the drums and a couple other sounds from it onto the fusion and posting them here--is this an old enough synth to do this without legal issue?

just curious...

Roberto
Extreme
Extreme

Post by Roberto »

hephiroth wrote:here's a question that may be useful to this issue: what are the guidelines concerning the creation of samples of older synth gear? i know hollow sun samples old synths, etc, but i'm wondering if they follow some sort of rule about how old a synth is before they sample it.

for example, i have a Korg WaveStation SR rack unit, and i've thought about making some samples of the drums and a couple other sounds from it onto the fusion and posting them here--is this an old enough synth to do this without legal issue?

just curious...
Considering Korg still sell the Wavestation and all it's sounds in the Legacy soft synth package, I'd be wary of doing that particular instrument :)
Rob
Hollow Sun
Fusion 6HD|Akai S6000-Z8-MPC1000-MPC500-MPK49|Korg Prophecy|Yamaha CS1x-DX27-RM1x-SU10-DTXpress|Roland SC88-PMA5|Elka X605|Mattell Synsonics|Event EZbus|AKG C444

soundman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by soundman »

hephiroth wrote:here's a question that may be useful to this issue: what are the guidelines concerning the creation of samples of older synth gear? i know hollow sun samples old synths, etc, but i'm wondering if they follow some sort of rule about how old a synth is before they sample it.

just curious...
Just use your head...If that doesn't work, feel free to ask on the forum.
--
Without music, life would be a mistake.

oliv928
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: New Rule - 9-02-06

Post by oliv928 »

hello,
Can we put FUSION sample PROGRAMS created with the material of free samples or samples extracted from free soundfonts ?
Olivier