New Fusion Sort application for arranging banks and programs

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Marcos
Junior
Junior

New Fusion Sort application for arranging banks and programs

Post by Marcos » Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:13 am

Hi all,

I have created a Windows application to help me sort my banks and programs. I have dubbed it "Fusion Sort". I needed something to help me arrange all of the great sounds from Hollow Sun into fewer banks.

Now I can create, rename, and delete banks from my pc. Moving programs from one bank to another is a simple drag and drop operation. I can also change the Category and Alternate Categories of a program.

Feel free to download it and use it for yourself! It's free. The link is:

http://www.harmonysys.com/fusionsort/Fu ... tSetup.exe

Let me know if you have any problems or suggestions!

Marcos

Hollow Sun
Extreme
Extreme

Post by Hollow Sun » Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:02 am

Nice one Marcos. And very generous of you to share it with us. :D

If you need anyone to test the Mac version, just let me know ;)

S'ok.... only joking! Sounds like a very useful app that will be much appreciated round here.

Donnell
General
General

Post by Donnell » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:01 am

Hey, nifty little program, this deserves and should get a special permanent Sticky status in the other downloads section. Ask soundman to post it up for you, I'm sure many people will find this program useful. Thanks

p.s. Can I create and rearrange external program banks without having to connect to the fusion synth?
MPC-4000 - VS2480HD - Fusion 6HD - Fantom X6 - Motif ES6

neomad
Extreme
Extreme

Post by neomad » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:02 am

My Fusion is still in Alesis for replacement or reparation... but THANK YOU to share this with us. It is very useful ! (it seems to be)... I'll test quickly when Fusion come back to home again ;)

MarkOne
Advanced
Advanced

Post by MarkOne » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:20 am

Hey thanks!

I'll try to download and check it out tonight!

8) 8) 8)
"I don't know anything about music, In my line you don't have to." -Elvis Presley (1935-1977)
---
Me @ soundclick

theyarecomingforyou
Advanced
Advanced

Post by theyarecomingforyou » Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:51 am

OMG, thank you so much. I've just used it and it was superb - saved me an absurd amount of time. This forum needs more people like you! :D
Intel E6750 @ 3.32GHz | Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R | 2GB OCZ DDR2 PC6400 | EMU 1820M | LG L226WTQ 22" | Raptor 150GB 10KRPM | Samson Resolv 65a monitors
Rode K2 | Focusrite VoiceMaster Pro | Alesis Fusion 8HD | Korg TR76

GuyDenruyter
Mega
Mega

Post by GuyDenruyter » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:38 pm

Very handy indeed - I used to use the 'sort' function in Excel, no need anymore!

titogd
General
General

Post by titogd » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:45 pm

THANKS .......................................
ALESIS FUSION 6HD 200 gig hard drive (fusion formats 128gig )and E-3 memory upgrade , KORG TRITON STUDIO, ROLAND FANTOM X6, KORG PA1XPRO, YAMAHA TYROS2

soundman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by soundman » Tue Aug 15, 2006 12:45 pm

Thank you very much for your contribution! I have made this a sticky in the "Other Downloads" Section.
--
Without music, life would be a mistake.

Luc Henrion
Extreme
Extreme

Post by Luc Henrion » Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:19 pm

AMAZING ! :shock:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

As far as I can see, it even keeps track of all programs inside mixes & songs ! Thank you a million times !!! 8)

Marcos
Junior
Junior

Post by Marcos » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:15 pm

I'm glad you guys like it. Now if Alesis would only implement MIDI SysEx so that we can edit our patches via software...
Donnell wrote:p.s. Can I create and rearrange external program banks without having to connect to the fusion synth?
Not right now. But it shouldn't be too difficult to add. I'll try to do that in a few days. Fusion Sort will allow you to back up your programs first before you start moving them.

solomon8
Junior
Junior

Post by solomon8 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:21 pm

Thank you for your great program. It was very kind of you to share this with all of us. :P

Marcos
Junior
Junior

Post by Marcos » Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:28 pm

Luc Henrion wrote:As far as I can see, it even keeps track of all programs inside mixes & songs ! Thank you a million times !!! 8)
Your welcome. I did not think consider the effect that moving programs would have on mixes and songs. I just tested it by moving a program that was in a mix and it still worked fine. Good to know!

falcon
General
General

Post by falcon » Tue Aug 15, 2006 6:11 pm

Great, this will save a lot of time. Cool steady looking interface too 8) . Thanks for sharing!
Marcos wrote:
Luc Henrion wrote:As far as I can see, it even keeps track of all programs inside mixes & songs ! Thank you a million times !!! 8)
Your welcome. I did not think consider the effect that moving programs would have on mixes and songs. I just tested it by moving a program that was in a mix and it still worked fine. Good to know!
A small word of caution: as far as I know moving a program within a bank breaks no reference from a song/mix, but renaming it or moving it elsewhere WILL break it...

Marcos
Junior
Junior

Post by Marcos » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:51 pm

falcon wrote:A small word of caution: as far as I know moving a program within a bank breaks no reference from a song/mix, but renaming it or moving it elsewhere WILL break it...
You're right. But renaming a program on the Fusion itself also produces the same result. When you go to a mix, it will ask you where the program is. Just change it to the new location or name and you are good to go. Don't forget to store the mix again for the change to be permanent.