Error Code question

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Alemwp
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Error Code question

Post by Alemwp » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:58 pm

Hey Fusion Owners,
I have had my Fusion 8HD since 2009. No problems. I use it once in a while and do not play out with it. Just home use occasionally. This past Fall in got an error message. I have tried to get someone local to look at it but have not made it to square one with those out-reaches. No one was even willing to look at it.
Sometimes it stops the initializing process midway at the phrase Initializing System....Turning the power on a second time gets me to a screen overlay which says:

Voice Engine 2 failed to load!
Failed Reset Handshake #1

Error Code: (0X020701002)

Note; the word OK appears in a box to the right of the Error code as listed

Can I somehow acknowledge that OK and complete the boot process? Is there an enter button that I need to push?

I would love to know how and if I can fix this issue myself. I have not yet opened the beast! In any case I just registered to your forum.
Thanks! Alemwp

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Error Code question

Post by Jesse » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:14 am

Check out the list of error codes here http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/p ... =13&t=6021

Some times setting the Fusion to default settings and/or reinstalling OS 1.24 can help
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Alemwp

Post by Alemwp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:45 pm

Thanks Jesse!

I will get those error codes. I will try to get past that boot-up stopping point. Unsure as how to reinstall OS 1.24 ?

Alemwp

Post by Alemwp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:45 pm

Hey Jesse,
The Error Code list attachment download fails repeatedly and displays only a partial list of codes (only two codes came with the third download attempt). The code I seek to understand is not in that list, but the text (Voice Engine 2 failed to load! Failed Reset Handshake #1) after one of the listed codes is the same as that displayed on my machine. My synth's error code# is (0X020701002) and the PDF list error code is as follows: 0X02071002 along with the text: Voice Engine 2 failed to load! Failed Reset Handshake #1
There is limited hope here, but what do I do to respond to the error now that I know it to be "almost" in the very partial list of codes? Does the more complete list of codes suggest a fix for the errors? My email is : alemwp@yahoo.com If you have a complete PDF list of codes and could send the file to my email address, that might help. I am not sure if there is a simple fix I might try before reloading the OS. Does the keyboard have a universal "enter" key with which I can respond to the OK in the box with the error message. I am nearly 75 years old, but I have been around computers and synthesizers since the early 1980's. I'm sure my question is not as obscure as some of the concerns you have seen, and I appreciate your rapid response and any further advice you might give me. I read the info on reloading the OS and it seems like a drastic step to take. Thanks!

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:03 pm

Here you go Alemwp
Fusion Error Codes updated 4-3-2017.pdf
(435.1 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Alesis Fusion OS Upgrade.pdf
(216.34 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Known Key Combinations.pdf
(409.67 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Alemwp

Post by Alemwp » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:41 pm

Hey Jesse!

Thanks so much! I'll let you know once I get this beast operational again!

That Error Codes 4-3-2017 update downloaded great and the solution list should help.

Have a great weekend!