AlesisFusion Error's, Problems, Repairs, Upgrades, Utilities

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Re: AlesisFusion Error's, Problems, Repairs, Upgrades, Utili

Post by rogrm » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:48 pm

OK. I thought that the SATA - IDE converter would work. Now I have anos SATA 120GB drive to install in my old notebook or dell this and change to anos PATA SSD drive.

Thank you

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Post by parametric » Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:33 pm

I concur entirely with <msts>.

I NEVER succeeded to make an IDE<>SATA convertor to work with a SATA SSD on the Fusion.

The fact that many have tried (and failed) - probably with converter boards from different sources DOES NOT suggest this is easy, and IMO I doubt it can be made to work with the present selection of converter boards available.

My own 8HD has been working for 8 months without problems with the PATA SSD I described in the .pdf I made.

I would recommend going that route WHILE PATA SSDs are still available.

There is no performance advantage (due to the IDE spec.) BUT, the SSD uses LESS power - which is kinder to the "delicate" PSU - and IME the whole deal runs considerably COOLER than a conventional HDD.

Plus - if you are gigging your Fusion - and SSD is MUCH better suited to rough handling than a HDD

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:11 pm

Today I load all my directories in Fusion HD. No audio sync error message. Now, I'm ready to gig. Next step, sell the SATA HD and buy a PATA.

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:29 am

Excellent news <rogrm> . . . .

DO come back and let us know how it goes.

I'll be especially interested to know how you feel when you've gigged it WITH the SSD installed. 8)

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:16 pm

Hi everyone. Bad news. The "audio sync failed" message reappeared.
Maybe a logic problem, that I din't found the origin.
I openned my fusion again and this connector is too strange (atachment).
I don't remember if I disconnected this anytime. Is this correct? It seems to be the keybed power input. The first terminal is unplugged.
Attachments
conector.jpg
conector.jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 9209 times

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Another problem reapering.. It seems my fusion is dying. The output gets a terrible noise (cracking), the clip alert flashes... Maybe bad power supply. Is my power supply broke? I can't upload a short video file to show you.

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:12 am

rogrm wrote:Hi everyone. Bad news. The "audio sync failed" message reappeared.
Maybe a logic problem, that I din't found the origin.
I openned my fusion again and this connector is too strange (atachment).
I don't remember if I disconnected this anytime. Is this correct? It seems to be the keybed power input. The first terminal is unplugged.
All 4 pins need to be connected you have a 6hd that is why the two center pins are not jumpered, but it should be connected like this picture from my 8hd
IMAG1830.jpg
IMAG1830.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 9192 times
Fusion keybed wires connecting to PCB.jpg
Alesis Fusion keybed cable & wire connection.jpg
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

FuZone
Junior
Junior

Re: AlesisFusion Error's, Problems, Repairs, Upgrades, Utilities

Post by FuZone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:07 am

I'm having some problems doing a clean install of the 1.24 OS ... I had previously upgraded the OS to 1.24 & added several soundbanks, but wanted to get the board back to Factory with 1.24: When attempting to only use the 1.24 via a CF to reinstall the OS, previous items such as songs & extra banks would remain... So went ahead and used the fusion on board utility to format the drive 1st & then reinstall the 1.24 OS: This time around, the demo songs are missing... Any suggestions?

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:32 am

Hi FuZone,

The last record I have of the Demo Songs being INCLUDED with the OS was back at OS 1.20

Taiho mentions a file called Fusion_HD_Volume_v120.zip

You could try asking Alesis/InMusic if they still have that file/and will supply it?

Personally I would want to stay with OS 1.24

I DO have the Demo Songs, including their considerable Audio Payload . . . .

They just install like a Bank . . . If you <PM> me your email Addy, I can send them . . . .

parametric

FuZone
Junior
Junior

Post by FuZone » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:49 am

done: Thank you!

matt-sharp

Post by matt-sharp » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:39 pm

I am totally new to this forum. I have owned a Fusion 8HD for about 10 years and had it turned off for about 3 years, playing my other keys instead. A few weeks ago I turned it on and got an error which I researched here (can't recall the code now) and that led me to replace the on board battery. Pain in the neck to do, but I finally completed that. Now I am getting error "300000D - Cannot read file on ROM". Looks like I should restore the OS from a compact flash? Question: The "Compact Flash" slot is 1 1/2 inches wide. Looks like I need some hardware interface to plug in a CF card for that. I have not been able to find any reference to how to solve this. I did try copying the Fusion_Image_v124.bin to the hard drive via the USB, but then holding down the B and 7 buttons and turning it on results in a message that there is no CF card present (of course). No option apparently allows me to read from the hard drive. I can't find anything which documents how to take a standard 2GB flash card and connect it to the Fusion. This seems to be my only option to save this keyboard from staying in brick mode. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:19 am

It needs to be a standard CF card up to 4 Gb, that is what the CF card slot is designed for.

I use SANDISK, but any good quality CF card up to 4 GB will work, no adapter is needed for a CF card.

SD cards won't work unless you have a CF card adapter to put the SD card in.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sd+to+cf+car ... _ss_i_1_22
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

matt-sharp

Post by matt-sharp » Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 pm

Thanks Jesse
So I must have a different CF card slot on my Fusion 8HD than what you are linking to. I have one of those CF cards, but the slot on my Fusion is WAY too big for a CF card, the slot is 1.75 inches by .25 inches thick, and my CF card is a wee little 7/8" x 1/16" thick.
See pics. Is there some adapter I need? Or does it just swim around in there and hope to make contact somehow :( ?
Fusion8hdA.png
Fusion8hdb.png
Fusion8hdb.png (310.36 KiB) Viewed 319 times

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric » Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:31 am

THAT looks like a regular SD Card . . . . .

Compact Flash cards look like this:

CompactFlash_Memory_Card.svg.png

parametric

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:31 am

matt-sharp wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:26 pm
Thanks Jesse
So I must have a different CF card slot on my Fusion 8HD than what you are linking to. I have one of those CF cards, but the slot on my Fusion is WAY too big for a CF card, the slot is 1.75 inches by .25 inches thick, and my CF card is a wee little 7/8" x 1/16" thick.
See pics. Is there some adapter I need? Or does it just swim around in there and hope to make contact somehow :( ?

Fusion8hdA.png

Fusion8hdb.png
No you have a CF card slot, but you have what looks like a normal size SD card not a compact flash card.
Memory card reader 01a.jpg
SD card compared to Compact Flash card 01a.jpg
SD card compared to Compact Flash card 01a.jpg (59.42 KiB) Viewed 314 times
This is a CF card
Compact Flash card 01a.jpg
Compact Flash card 01a.jpg (63.44 KiB) Viewed 314 times
Compact Flash card 02a.jpg