Too Many Sounds?

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

playboy354
General
General

Too Many Sounds?

Post by playboy354 »

My fusion when I add a program from a new bank i just added to song will automatically switch to another lower numbered program

I have 480 programs in this one bank so im guessing this is the problem? Should i break em down to no more than 128 or a little more?

Has anyone encountered this problem??

jiffy
Advanced
Advanced
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: Too Many Sounds?

Post by jiffy »

playboy354 wrote:My fusion when I add a program from a new bank i just added to song will automatically switch to another lower numbered program

I have 480 programs in this one bank so im guessing this is the problem? Should i break em down to no more than 128 or a little more?

Has anyone encountered this problem??
When I selected a particular bank from Sonar a while ago, it would switch to a different bank.

I realised that this was because I had a bank with no actual programs in it (ie an empty bank).

I don't know whether this could be your problem (perhaps this is also the case when using the Fusion's internal sequencer).

Hope this helps,

Paul

playboy354
General
General

Post by playboy354 »

Ok, I think ive figured it out...The fusion seems to have a limit of 255 programs in one bank

Imma split the bank in half and see if that works

jiffy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jiffy »

playboy354 wrote:Ok, I think ive figured it out...The fusion seems to have a limit of 255 programs in one bank

Imma split the bank in half and see if that works
I don't think that's correct.

I seem to recall that I've had over 300 working programs in a bank before I split them!

You can have hundreds of samples in a bank, so why would they limit the number of programs.

Did you look into my empty bank theory?

Paul

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Note: See Alesis Fusion Reference Manual Rev. C page 31

The maximum practical number of items per bank (folder) is 128

Each bank (folder) can contain more than 128 (000 to 127) items, but it is not recommended to do this because:

1. You will not be able to access items 129+ using the quick access buttons A through P and 1 through 8 :(

2. You will not be able use MIDI to make a program change for items 129+. :(

The only way to access items 129+ is by using the control wheel or the INC/DEC buttons :(
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

yeah . . .

Jesse is perfectly correct . . . .It's bizarre, but true . . .

as far as Midi is concerned, it's 1-128 (or 0-127 whichever nomenclature you're used to)

IIRC, Joeri's VStream_02 bank has MANY more that 128 programs . . . . . (Perhaps MovinPro is the same - I don't remember)

As Jesse says - The Fusion can load and PLAY programs >= 128, no problem - perhaps that's all you need?

BUT if you want to call them via midi, then they need to be split up.

It need some enterprising Soul to split them up and create a second Bank where needed . . . .

Always meant to tackle this but never got around to it. :roll:

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris