Importing sounds made my other HDD folders unreadable

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

ImmortalManth
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Importing sounds made my other HDD folders unreadable

Post by ImmortalManth » Tue May 21, 2019 1:42 am

I recently tried to import 3 sounds into my Fusion and this seemed to erase all my other sounds on the HDD. However, when I connect the Fusion to my PC by USB, I see all my previous sounds are still there: Multisamples, samples and programs. Does anyone know how to make these sounds accessible again? I deleted the sounds I imported but that did not do any good.

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Importing sounds made my other HDD folders unreadable

Post by Jesse » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 am

First list the sounds you tried to import to the Fusion

Second list the format they were in

Third list where and how you copied them to the fusion hard drive
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Arevyn
General
General

Post by Arevyn » Tue May 21, 2019 10:54 pm

make sure that you always re-verify all your folders on your fusion after you import new things.

So go to settings, and in your items (mixes, songs, programs, samples, multisamples, etc) check each item and then verify them. That worked for me
6HD+SSD - Alesis 8HD+SSD - Yamaha CP33 - Ibanez AS93 with Graphtech Acoustiphonic System - Washburn WI64DL - Taylor 214CE QM 2016 Anniversary - 1982 Washburn D28 - Fibes Acoustic Bop Drums - Roland TD9 Hybrid kit

ImmortalManth

Post by ImmortalManth » Wed May 22, 2019 3:25 am

Jesse wrote:First list the sounds you tried to import to the Fusion

Second list the format they were in

Third list where and how you copied them to the fusion hard drive

The sounds I tried to import are from the Alan Wilder Depeche mode live sound set. Namely, the one I've attached a photo of. The multisamples are in .afi format, the samples in .afs format, and the programs in .afp format. In each sound are these folders: Volume > Multisamples / Programs / Samples, then in each of these is a folder with the name of the sound, then the .afi, .afp or .afs files.

I added them to the Fusion by connecting my Fusion to my PC and dragging the Volume folder to the Fusion's Volume folder. I still see all my samples, programs and multisamples, but the Fusion doesn't see them. I can add screen shots of other folders if it helps see what the problem is.
Arevyn wrote:So go to settings, and in your items (mixes, songs, programs, samples, multisamples, etc) check each item and then verify them. That worked for me
I honestly do not understand what this means. The items are there, so I have verified that they are not deleted. But the Fusion does not see them.
Attachments
fus1.png
(9.89 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Arevyn
General
General

Post by Arevyn » Wed May 22, 2019 5:18 am

ok, so after you import new things to your fusion from your PC, you go to your fusion and press the "GLOBAL" button. Then push the button for "ITEMS", then use the "MARK" button and mark each of the items (songs/mixes/patterns/Multisamples/Samples). After they're marked, then press the button for "PROCESS", then press the button for "VERIFY", then confirm.

This causes your fusion to rescan all the folders and "see" them
6HD+SSD - Alesis 8HD+SSD - Yamaha CP33 - Ibanez AS93 with Graphtech Acoustiphonic System - Washburn WI64DL - Taylor 214CE QM 2016 Anniversary - 1982 Washburn D28 - Fibes Acoustic Bop Drums - Roland TD9 Hybrid kit

jiffy
Advanced
Advanced

Post by jiffy » Wed May 22, 2019 10:12 am

ImmortalManth wrote: I added them to the Fusion by connecting my Fusion to my PC and dragging the Volume folder to the Fusion's Volume folder. I still see all my samples, programs and multisamples, but the Fusion doesn't see them. I can add screen shots of other folders if it helps see what the problem is.
I think your problem is that you shouldn't be dragging the volume folder to (inside) the Fusion's volume folder.

You need to drag the volume folder with the new sounds to the root of the Fusion's hard drive or drag the contents of the volume folder (with the new sounds) into the Fusions volume folder and then verify.

Hope that helps

Paul

ImmortalManth

Post by ImmortalManth » Wed May 22, 2019 9:52 pm

Arevyn wrote:ok, so after you import new things to your fusion from your PC, you go to your fusion and press the "GLOBAL" button. Then push the button for "ITEMS", then use the "MARK" button and mark each of the items (songs/mixes/patterns/Multisamples/Samples). After they're marked, then press the button for "PROCESS", then press the button for "VERIFY", then confirm.

This causes your fusion to rescan all the folders and "see" them
You were absolutely correct. All my sounds are restored. I apologize for coming across as snarky, I did not realize that by "verify", you meant a specific procedure on the Fusion. It's been a long time since I've added any new sounds, so I had completely forgotten about this crucial step. I cannot thank you enough. This saves me hours of work recreating some samples.

jiffy wrote:I think your problem is that you shouldn't be dragging the volume folder to (inside) the Fusion's volume folder.

You need to drag the volume folder with the new sounds to the root of the Fusion's hard drive or drag the contents of the volume folder (with the new sounds) into the Fusions volume folder and then verify.
That actually is just what I did, I must have worded it poorly in my initial post.

Arevyn
General
General

Post by Arevyn » Thu May 23, 2019 2:36 am

No worries! Im glad it all worked out. These musical beasts are awesome, but unfortunately have a way of making us pull our hair out!

Have a fantastic time rockin out with your new sounds!!