Command Mesh X Kit - Module Crash??

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

springsteel2020
Do you own a fusion?: No

Command Mesh X Kit - Module Crash??

Post by springsteel2020 »

Hello,

I recently just bought the Command Mesh X kit so that drummers can use it to record on Reaper, and use EZ Drummer as the samples while recording. I primarily plan to use this as a MIDI interface.

Unfortunately the module crashed on me. I had it connected via USB MIDI to my Windows 10 computer, and was adjusting the sensitivity settings on a custom kit, so that the MIDI wouldn't register too quiet on Reaper. I saved the settings and named the kit, but afterward, the screen randomly went to another kit choice. I couldn't switch kits with the dial, so I powered it off. After powering on again, it froze on the Firmware screen and wouldn't get passed that.

I couldn't turn it off, so I had to manually unplug it. This still didn't get it passed the Firmware screen. I disconnected the USB and the Power Plug. Still nothing.

I called up Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said just bring in the module and they swapped it out, no questions asked.

I'm hoping someone can help answer if there was anything I may have done that caused the crash? I'm hesitant to try this again and risk another module freeze that I can't reboot. I'm wondering if you shouldn't create custom kits while it's connected as a MIDI device while a DAW program is running?

Thanks in advance!
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: Command Mesh X Kit - Module Crash??

Post by Jesse »

I searched the internet for info on the Alesis Command Mesh X kit, no info on problems with the module :(

Alesis support
https://www.alesis.com/kb/article/2166
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
aavilan

Post by aavilan »

Hi!

I'm having the same issue with my alesis command mesh drumkit as the module doesn't start, it just freezes when i turn it on and it doesn't pass further than the firmware screen, doesn't respond to any button and the only way to turn it off is by removing the power supply chord. I need help and i saw this post with the same situation.

I sent an enquiry via the official site of Alesis but haven't got a respond yet,

springsteel2020 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:33 pm Hello,

I recently just bought the Command Mesh X kit so that drummers can use it to record on Reaper, and use EZ Drummer as the samples while recording. I primarily plan to use this as a MIDI interface.

Unfortunately the module crashed on me. I had it connected via USB MIDI to my Windows 10 computer, and was adjusting the sensitivity settings on a custom kit, so that the MIDI wouldn't register too quiet on Reaper. I saved the settings and named the kit, but afterward, the screen randomly went to another kit choice. I couldn't switch kits with the dial, so I powered it off. After powering on again, it froze on the Firmware screen and wouldn't get passed that.

I couldn't turn it off, so I had to manually unplug it. This still didn't get it passed the Firmware screen. I disconnected the USB and the Power Plug. Still nothing.

I called up Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said just bring in the module and they swapped it out, no questions asked.

I'm hoping someone can help answer if there was anything I may have done that caused the crash? I'm hesitant to try this again and risk another module freeze that I can't reboot. I'm wondering if you shouldn't create custom kits while it's connected as a MIDI device while a DAW program is running?

Thanks in advance!
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

springsteel2020 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:33 pm I called up Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said just bring in the module and they swapped it out, no questions asked.
. . . one wonders what THEY will do with the faulty module? - Chuck it in the Bin? I think not.

It is INCREDIBLY annoying that we are NOT allowed to know the Power-on key combinations that sort these problems out . . . .

These are sometimes in the <Service Manual> - but of course - there is no sign of THAT anywhere . . . .

All there is, is p13 of the User Manual:

Alesis Command Drum Module Reset.jpg
Alesis Command Drum Module Reset.jpg (74.27 KiB) Viewed 186 times

Which is bug-all use if it doesn't boot that far :roll:

Perhaps Alesis will get back to you?

Here in the UK, support is handled by InMusic Brands, and Alesis is just ONE of the many Brands.

There are FOUR Tech Support Guys to cover ALL of them . . . .

I'm still waiting for parts I ordered for my Alesis Fusion 3 months ago . . .

So don't hold your breath . . . .

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I hope this isn't a sign of "dumbing down" quality components or designs by some music manufacturers. I can see this happening with at least 2 different manufacturers that have held up quality design for a long time. Now it seems I can spend a fortune on new music gear, and not necessarily get the quality or quality control I expected. Hope this isn't a trend.
aavilan

Post by aavilan »

Hi everyone,

I got the button combination on my Alesis Command Mesh Kit. I've to press down KIT and SONG, both at the same time, while holding them, push the power button, it enters a "programming" screen, but haven't got to solve the issue.

I've seen for other modules the combination vary, i think on the DM10 it's RECORD and power button, just throwing this tip over here in case someone needs it.

The technical support responded me via email but just checking if I still have the issue, which i have, but no response back from them... Again.

parametric wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:14 am
springsteel2020 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:33 pm I called up Guitar Center where I bought it, and they said just bring in the module and they swapped it out, no questions asked.
. . . one wonders what THEY will do with the faulty module? - Chuck it in the Bin? I think not.

It is INCREDIBLY annoying that we are NOT allowed to know the Power-on key combinations that sort these problems out . . . .

These are sometimes in the <Service Manual> - but of course - there is no sign of THAT anywhere . . . .

All there is, is p13 of the User Manual:

Alesis Command Drum Module Reset.jpg

Which is bug-all use if it doesn't boot that far :roll:

Perhaps Alesis will get back to you?

Here in the UK, support is handled by InMusic Brands, and Alesis is just ONE of the many Brands.

There are FOUR Tech Support Guys to cover ALL of them . . . .

I'm still waiting for parts I ordered for my Alesis Fusion 3 months ago . . .

So don't hold your breath . . . .

Chris