Error code 0x02060009

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

saturni
New User
New User

Re: Error code 0x02060009

Post by saturni »

Finally (I think) have found the cause of this failure. I opened my unit, checked and pressed all the connectors (ports), then turned on the fusion and voilà! finally it turns on normally, without errors when starting, and correctly reading the HD. It should be noted that I had never changed the RAM or the HD. Possibly the technician I took my Fusion to for maintenance left something slightly out of place ...

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance :wink:
Jokeyman123
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Post by Jokeyman123 »

You got lucky! Nice easy fix-most times if something hasn'tr been overly-abused, loose or faulty connections are the first place to look-and the power supply voltages. Not very common anymore-but "chip creep"-where IC's would slide out of their sockets due to cold/hot temperature changes over time-most ICs are not socketed anymore-but cables too can do this. Did you find some specific cable that was obvious? Although this problem isn't always physically detectable. Glad its OK. iNMusic, at least in the US, does have some replacement parts if you ever need them. also check the website called "MPCStuff" since the MPC5000 module has many parts in common with the Fusions. This is how I found a replacement mainboard for one of mine.
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

saturni wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:57 pm Finally (I think) have found the cause of this failure. I opened my unit, checked and pressed all the connectors (ports), then turned on the fusion and voilà! finally it turns on normally, without errors when starting, and correctly reading the HD. It should be noted that I had never changed the RAM or the HD. Possibly the technician I took my Fusion to for maintenance left something slightly out of place ...

Thanks a lot for your help and guidance :wink:
That is a happy outcome . . . :clap: Your confidence in the Fusion now restored . . . .

Sadly, the ribbon cables are a reality in most boards, but in the end they are just metal to metal connections . . . and tarnishing with time

CAN occur. In the event that the PLUGS at both ends are identical, you can always try reversing the cable?

This gives "new land" to the connection by virtue of the fact that it is in a different socket . . .

Simply unplugging them and replugging them is often enough . . .

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

If you notice on multiple connectors in the Fusion Alesis often applied a dab of hot glue on the connection to hold the connectors in place.

If possible it would be good to know which connections you pressed back in place.

I will add a note in the error list that this error code 0x02060009 was caused by a loose connection(s).

Glad your Fusion is up and running again :)

Take Care ... Jesse
Fusion Error Codes updated 5-13-2021.pdf
Fusion Error Code List Update as of 5-13-2021
(172.17 KiB) Downloaded 18 times
When we don't know the cause and/or cure for an error code I have started placing a link to the FusionZone Post/Thread in the spread sheet so it can be easily visited online if any new information becomes available or someone wants to discuss it :)
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
saturni
New User
New User

Post by saturni »

I didn't find any specific connection that was giving problems. I will try in the future with hot glue in the connection as indicated by Jesse.
And again thanks for your help!