Moderators: Jesse, parametric

parametric
Administrator
Administrator
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

CF to SD with WiFi . . . .

Post by parametric »

Don't know if this helps anything?

ALL these adaptors seem to have side-entry of the SD Card, necessitating removal of the CF to change the SD . . . .

Not ideal if we are trying the save wear-and-tear of the CF slot . . .

Still, the WiFi aspect would enable wiping and reformat WITHOUT removing the SD Card . . .?

maybe THIS is useful?

:idea: N.B. the Wifi aspect is DEPENDENT on using a WiFi capable SD Card. The CF adaptor is NOT WiFi itself

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123

Re: CF to SD with WiFi . . . .

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Parametric-did you post a link or pic? I don't see anything after your text.

What a concept if i read this right. Take a wi-fi SD card....hmmm...and somehow with a n SD card adapter connect the fusion Cf card slot to your computer through wi-fi? Now I'm thinking one further step-if there is such a thing-a bluetooth CF card-I have a CF wi-fi card bought years ago before built-in wi-fi existed on laptops-and PCMCIA wi-fi cards I also kept-strictly for hoarding purposes although these still work in my laptops. The stumbling block would be-the protocol used for the Fusion CF card slot -which probably will not recognize the wi-fi function thorugh its interface, but worth an experiment. Now we could connect our Fusion wirelessly to the computer at least for some functions. There is also bluetooth midi adapters now-not sure what that advantage would be though. I've tried bluetooth audio connections/speakers and there is considerable delay/lag, so doesn't work for audio monitoring at all. Probably not much good for midi either-still think hard-wire will be more reliable, less error-prone.
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

Dunnow what going on there Joe . . . .

It looks like this on my PC . . . .

CF to Sd WiFi.jpg

Perhaps the WiFi thing is just between the PC and the SD card. The Fusion, (provided it is happy with the CF<>SD card arrangement),

need not be concerned HOW the SD card is being written to?

As far as the Fusion is concerned - it's just an SD Card (or in fact, it BELIEVES it to be a CF Card :clap: )?

I think we have to consider that this is only usable as a means of transferring data EASILY to the Fusion (via the CF Slot) and not for

any other use. I don't think the Fusion can interact with it in any other way?

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Right-can transfer data only-but still might be worth looking into. Now I see your pic in this last post. if the wi-fi transfer works across the computer to sd card, would be a good shortcut for transferring data. But is this a "dual-use" card? In other words, it acts as a wi-fi transmitter/receiver and holds data? Or does it just act as a wi-fi radio transmitter.receiver? Would have to do both, no? I will look it over.
hadley
General
General

Post by hadley »

I don't think this will work well, unfortunately. The fusion does not expect something else to be making modifications to the filesystem while it has write access itself.

Only after you do a USB unplug does the Fusion expect that something might have changed on the media.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

Just leave the CF card in the Fusion and connect to the computer with the USB cable whenever you want to delete, add or transfer files to/or from the CF card, keep it simple :)
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

On occasions - I have forgotten that the CF card is in the slot for quite long times, and the Fusion has behaved normally in use . . .

I'd LIKE to think that the Fusion will just be aware its there - and will just see it as capacity masquerading as a CF card.

The Fusion should be oblivious to the fact that the SD card has WiFi capabilities . . .

Most likely it would be wise NOT to WiFi data to/from it WHILE the Fusion in interacting with it (IYSWIM)

The issue here is that the WiFi aspect is new tech. and the Fusion is (with respect) old tech. - and has no knowledge of this newer aspect . . .

I would like to think it will work within the constraints mentioned - but only experiment will confirm this I feel . . . . :think:

Chris