Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Sir Raven
Junior
Junior
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Quadrasynth

Post by Sir Raven »

Greetings,

I just want to share that I, since yesterday, am a happy owner of an Alesis Quadrasynth Plus Piano. When I first read an article about the Quadrasynth in german Keyboards magazine more than 25 years ago, I instantly wanted this machine; I happily admit that I wanted it for the looks more than for the sounds or features (which never changed). Currently I am working myself through the factory sounds and already found quite a few very interesting ones which I can use in future compositions just as they are. I am looking forward to programming my own sounds on this fine peace of technology, which is my first board with more than 61 keys.

Btw. Does anyone know of a good librarian for the QS? I was not able to find one by now.

Cheers
Ted

Edit: Wow, did I really write "peace" instead of "piece" ... :oops:
Last edited by Sir Raven on Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saul
Publisher
Do you own a fusion?: No

Re: Quadrasynth

Post by Saul »

Hi Ted

Great to see mention of the Quadrasynth. I had meant to create sections for other Alesis keyboards and gear but never got around to it. Perhaps now would be a good time :)

Had you considered the QuadraSynth Plus?
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!

Sir Raven
Junior
Junior

Post by Sir Raven »

Hey Saul,

yup, this would indeed be a good time to start a section for other Alesis Synths/Products (we could also talk about the effects processors, controllers, ...).

It actually is a Quadrasynth Plus Piano aka "Quadrasynth Plus" I bought. I paid 190 € including a Rockbag. A bit pricey but in almost mint condition and absolutely worth it in my eyes.

Cheers
Ted

Saul
Publisher

Post by Saul »

€190 is not bad. It is a great synth even today. I would probably have been happy to pay that for it :)
alesis-quadrasynth-piano-plus.jpg
And yes...definitely time to add a few more sections!

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hmm . . . .

never realised it was a 76-note. €190 is a bargain I would say.

I'd love to try an A6 Andromeda . . . That ribbon controller is just asking to be "stroked" . . . . .

They don't appear very often though - and the prices tend to be eye-watering . . . . .

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Sir Raven
Junior
Junior

Post by Sir Raven »

Saul wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:16 am
€190 is not bad. It is a great synth even today. I would probably have been happy to pay that for it :)
parametric wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:25 am
€190 is a bargain I would say.
You are right. I was ready to pay up to €300 and still would be happy to get one in this great condition. Only the average price for a used QSPlus currently is at €139 in Germany. But we know it's worth much more than that.

I started to create my first sound on it and haven't even taken one single look into the manual. This machine will be fun!

Cheers
Ted

Saul
Publisher

Post by Saul »

I will have to keep an eye out for a Quadrasynth here in the UK. There is one on eBay at the moment but it is the first version and I would rather have the Plus. Also, things can sometimes go up for silly prices here. I saw someone advertising a Fusion 8HD for £850! :shock: