Early Fusion mockup, looks clean

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Early Fusion mockup, looks clean

Post by 2ManyKeys »

This is an early review of the Fusion in Italian. Check out the mockups. Personally I would prefer this cool brushed aluminum chassis and control layout.

https://www.ageofaudio.com/alesis-fusio ... gnamiglio/
jima
General
General

Re: Early Fusion mockup, looks clean

Post by jima »

Each to his/her/its/in-determinates own. Looks too much like a Korg for my taste. Nothing against Korgs but if I liked them I wouldn't have bought a Fusion.
Jim
Yamaha EX5x2, AN1X, TG500, Moog Werkstatt, Korg Wavestation SR, Sigma, Legacy Digital, Nord G2 Engine, Focusrite PRO 40, Midiman MIDISPORT 8x8/s
Loves music but so little time.
2ManyKeys
Advanced
Advanced

Post by 2ManyKeys »

Yeah, you have a point. I'm just not sold on the curved bottom of the Fusion. I think that was a bad idea. Maybe I was just attracted to it the mock-up because it obviously has a flat base. :-)

Did you notice that the mock-up shot did not have a data encoder?
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

A very interesting article
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I don't get it. This article is dated 2010. didn't the Italians know what the Fusion really looked like by then? Why did they post this mockup picture and without the very important increment dial and surrounding buttons and minus the control knobs and T/S button? And Guiseppe Zucchini seems to be taking a little too much credit for developing the Fusion. He was on the team I guess (I 'll check the credits in my Fusions) but this article makes it sound like he pretty much was the brains behind the entire creation. This is just not true. Good detailed article though.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

Yeah, it almost, actually it dose seem like a spoof, but interesting just the same :)
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I'm sorry Jesse if it sounds like I was disparaging your post-nothing could be further from my mind-but I did not care for the Italian post because some beginner might read this and not realize the real geniuses behind the Fusion. It's doubly confusing as the info in the post is so well done. I steer every musican I contact in other forums right to this one if they want to know about the beast. I also am trying to revive some of the "Zombie" posts in the proboards group-can't hurt. And trying to honor Steve's memory and work, and others whose knowledge new musicians can still learn from such as Falcon, Psionic and I'm not sure who Markone is, but certainly had alot of knowledge there. and some guy named Jesse...what a coincidence, there was a Jesse on the proboards too! :dance: