Chicken Systems Update

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

Jesse
Administrator
Administrator
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Chicken Systems Update

Post by Jesse »

Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Chicken Systems Update

Post by parametric »

NO mention of having fixed the <AutoSampler> feature in TP (and therefore probably in Fusion Creator also?)

So I guess it remains broken . . .
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Coincidentally i had just looked over this 7.1-but I am reluctant to spend on a product that so many of you seem to have had much trouble with. Converter is such a simple program-but even that doesn't always transfer my soundfonts to the Fusion properly-I often get a message "does not recognize this file" even though I am using the same specs as soundfonts that do translate over, and haven;t been able to figure out what is wrong-so I am not completely sold on a full Translator-i have an old version i've used with my now gone TS-12 for floppies and sample conversions which did seem to work pretty well once I finagled with it a bit. but it is running under windows XP SP III on an old Thinkpad P4 with ASPI installed.
Arevyn
General
General

Post by Arevyn »

Has anyone found any auto sampler program that works well? I know they get pretty darn expensive, but sometimes I fell like it would be worth it.

As to Chicken Sys autosampler....I really wish there was a nice up-to-date- video tutorial on it and how to sample something more expressive than a simple synth bas sound. Something like a digital piano to get the sounds ready for the fusion. I have wanted to sample my Yamaha CP300 for ever since I got my 8hd, to have the "Grand Piano 1" on my fusion.

The little bit that i could get sounded great, but Im not sure how to do it properly and with multiple velocities
6HD+SSD - Alesis 8HD+SSD - Yamaha CP33 - Ibanez AS93 with Graphtech Acoustiphonic System - Washburn WI64DL - Taylor 214CE QM 2016 Anniversary - 1982 Washburn D28 - Fibes Acoustic Bop Drums - Roland TD9 Hybrid kit
parametric
Administrator
Administrator

Post by parametric »

Yeah, it's VERY frustrating. I have both Fusion Creator and Translator Pro 7 - and the <AutoSampler> doesn't work in either . . which was my

main reason for buying them . . . .

I've filed numerous bug reports and they never come to anything.

Another annoyance is that it requires WASAPI rather than ASIO (like all my other stuff uses).

I managed to find a WASPI2ASIO driver for WIN10 64 Pro that worked - but the <AutoSampler> STILL wouldn't work . . . .

. . . . set for 64 voices, it kept sampling voice 1 over and over again :x

Sampling entire Banks IS going to take HOURS - so I'd rather NOT have to stand over it . . . hence why I'm interested in AutoSampling . . :think:

I'm now considering SampleRobot, which purports to autosample, by incrementing the presets via midi (which the CS SW failed to do).

You can decide the number notes per octave AND the number of velocities - so that all seems good . . . .

The usual problem exists with demo videos though - I have NOT found ONE that shows SR actually incrementing the preset on the Synth

being sampled. The excuse is that it takes too long in a video - nevertheless it would be NICE to know it DOES work as described . . .

SampleRobot IS quite expensive - for the Pro one, but if it does what it claims - I'd be happy.(finally)

it does NOT sadly output natively to the Fusion. I've not asked the question, but, in a way - I doubt they are likely to do this after all this time.

It DOES O/P to NI, which suites me fine, OR, it can O/P to Soundfont - (Then maybe use Translator to make for the Fusion?)

I'll probably wait until Christmas and see if there's a special offer on it at that time . . . .

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kpr »

Sample Robot is a passable program, but although I have it, I don't use it. I recently summarized a short tutorial on sampling as a PDF, I think it's also available for download in another post. This guide will help with your first attempts at creating your own multisamples for the Fusion. Once you've got some down this way, you can move on to complex stuff like piano with velocity switch.
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.