Anything about the sequencer...

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

simochef
Junior
Junior
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Drum track levels

Post by simochef »

Something i have noticed when using the sequencer on the Fusion . The drum track output level seems very low compared to synth sounds , obviously you can adjust the output but often it seems to be on the highest setting , the synth levels are at the same level but seem much louder . i have to go into the mixer function to adjust this . any suggestions how to correct this ?

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Drum track levels

Post by parametric »

Yeah, I've noticed the same thing, and not only drums . . .

Some programs are quieter than others . . . .

If you are wanting to work inside the Fusion only, then the mixer is the only recourse AFAIK to adjust the

quietest tracks as loud as possible and then balance the others to taste :(

The only other way is to solo the tracks in turn and record them as .wav files and put in a DAW - to get

more level. You Could then (long way round) re-import the problem tracks to the Fusion as Audios

(only 8 though), having jacked the volume up . . . .

maybe that helps?

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

simochef
Junior
Junior

Post by simochef »

Thanks Chris , out of interest how do you find the Akai Advance as a controller keyboard , does the VIP software work well ?

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

It seems to work well enough with VIP, though at the outset it wasn't good with Reaper . . . .

which I use - so I kind of lost interest.

The problem of many of these "Systems" is that they want to be the Center of your Universe . . . .

The Reaper implementation was little more than a badge in a Menu - and really didn't work (I found). . . .

Perhaps it's better now - I've not looked . . . .

The Keybed is nice enough and compares favourably with the MOXF6, though I still prefer my Fusion 6HD :wink:

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris