Welcome back and headphones output question

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

MaximKorobov
New User
New User
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Welcome back and headphones output question

Post by MaximKorobov »

Hi guys!

After 12 years without Fusion (5 of them are without any hardware stuff) I bought it again to pair with Korg Z1. What for, making music - yes and no:
- Yes to improvise solo piano music, generate new ideas;
- Not for making full production. Reaper, Arturia, NI and Waves for that. 21 century in action.

Have you any problems with headphones output distortion? When boom 10 piano keys it sounds very bad.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Welcome back and headphones output question

Post by Jesse »

Don't Boom 10 piano keys, no I couldn't say, I rarely use headphones. I play mine through two Alesis SUMO 300 Amps

What headphones are you using?
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

What does this mean, boom 10 piano keys? Does this mean when you hit 10 keys together with alot of force? You do that with an acoustic piano it might sound distorted. I have 6 different sets of cans-including 3 monitor-studio quality AKGs, 3 different Superlux (great sound on these) cans and a Samson set of studio monitor cans. These all sound wonderful with both my Fusions, no distortion at all. the Fusion is one of the "cleanest" sounding boards I've ever played, pristine is the word. but then, I've never slammed an armful of keys at once, although I have played styles that require that. 2 arms in fact for one piece-was an Edgar Varese piece I recall, I think in "Ionisation" at the end (avante-garde stuff). interesting sound if you like that-like the end of Sgt.Pepper-A Day in the Life.
MaximKorobov
New User
New User

Post by MaximKorobov »

Yep I mean hit many notes at once.

Tried Russian local brand of superlux/Samson (actually AKG K270 clone) and Sennheiser in ears buds.

Yesterday I note that default piano EQ have +7 dB in low end! Maybe previous owner “fix” it for his home setup. After minimizing low end EQ value to +2 most of distortion gone.
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yes, you can change the EQ settings for each piano program and save it. We have a post here somewhere that describes in detail how to change the HG piano EQ settings to improve it.

The 4 knobs also allow for changing the master eq-the global settings for the Fusion-left one for low, 2 middle ones for mid frequencies and the right for high frequency, very handy. These are not permanent-can be adjusted instantly for any program or mix whenever you need to. And the bass frequency on the Fusion is very powerful-can overdrive almost anything if you want it to. I'll blow my eardrums out before my headphones if I'm not careful. I've worked with many bass players-I've learned from experience to be careful with the low frequencies-can put alot of pressure on ones ears especially with headphones. How do you like the Superlux, I have the HD681s, not the EVO's-a little bass heavy bu very good imaging and response with the Fusion and my other digital pianos. The monitor AKGs need a little more volume with the fusion but are very flat or neutral sounding, as a good studio monitor headset should be.