General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: parametric, Jesse

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Post by Jesse »

LET'S HOPE FOR A HEALTHY WORLD AND A BETTER WORLD FOR US ALL IN 2021! :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2021

Post by parametric »

Amen to that . . . :pray:

Chris
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Saul
Publisher
Do you own a fusion?: No

Post by Saul »

A Very Happy New Year to you Jesse, Chris, and all members and visitors to the forum.

2020 was certainly very different than we all expected it to be at the start of that year!

I hope you all stay safe and well and with luck, we may return to some sort of "normal" by the middle of this year 👍
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!
Drummond
General
General

Post by Drummond »

I wish a great and musical year to all of us! Despite all tragedy 2020 was fine for me as I got married again and had a kidney transplant which is being successfull (my generous sister donated to me). And the Fusion is still kicking in my studio!
estudio 2021.jpg
Access Virus B; Akai MPD18; Alesis Fusion 6HD, 384mb, 64gb ssd; Behringer FCB1010; Behringer Model D; Casio MT600 and PT82; Hammond XK1C; Korg Kronos, 3gb/160gb; Korg NanoPad 2; Moog Slim Phatty; Novation X-Station 61; Oberheim Matrix 1000; Univox Compac II; Yamaha Modx6; Cubase 11; Steinberg UR824 + 2 ADA8000; Motu Microlite
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I'm with you all-just got hit with covid, getting tested Monday-my mother and brother just went to the hospital-are stable but very high-risk, my sister and sister-in-law just were diagnosed positive and have it. I am definitely praying for a better year and that they will survive this. On the lighter side-my music keeps me sane-perhaps this is my first order of business-and this is my music room after I straightened it out....have to wedge at least one 8HD in there somewhere-maybe hang from the ceiling!!! And my new mainboard is due January 5 , will hopefully put the other 8HD into full service. Good luck Drummond-looks really good, now look at mine.....and there are 2 more keyboards on the side you can't see, ouch! I must remember to take that MC-505 off my drum/keyboard throne before I sit down.. :lol:

my studio 2020.jpg
my studio 2020.jpg (71.5 KiB) Viewed 194 times
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Glad you are doing well Drummond, the monitor speaker on the right looks like it's smiling :)

Jokeyman123, is that a good old reel to reel tape deck hiding over there to the bottom left?
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yes, it is a working TEAC 3340 Simul-sync deck. One of the first-got it from a friend in Brick, NJ who ran a recording studio there and got a few before these hit the stores. I've had it service only once, it is due but TSI right near me in Midland Park, NJ-70 miles from me, I'm originally from Fair Lawn, NJ right next door-sadly seems out of business as we speak, which is where I was about to bring it-one of the recording channels is dead-transistors blow on this-yes it was designed with individual transistors, no IC's!! I have a decent collection of 10 1/2" tapes and reels and the hubs. I needed to fit 2 trunk handles on the end panels to carry it-it weighs about 50 pounds. Thanks for asking-I haven't had the heart to part with it-especially being it was the earliest design, and has my first experiments in simul-sync recording. Not as much print as the 1/2" decks but for the time was cutting edge technology. Now I can do this with a digital recorder I can hold in one hand, and add effects and mastering! I was just located someone on the Internet that steered me to a website that has users specializing in this older equipment-will try to get the TEAC repaired through that group-but been pretty overwhelmed with family in hospital-are all stable, but this is a frightening/evil illness, can turn for the worse on a dime, so I am mobilized to do what I have to do, which isn't much now but to wait.

I built all the racks and wood cases except of course the A-frame. I have a TS-12 in the corner you can't see with a 2-tier stand-this is where i plan to put the 2nd Fusion once I finish the restoration, new mainboard fingers crossed this will do it. If you blow this up, you can see the last live performing band I helped "assemble"-6 of us called "The Little Darlings" named for the Young Rascals who lived all around me in the 60's. My brother still runs into Eddie Brigati from time to time on his gigs. We opened our set with-"Little Darling" great do-wop song we had great fun with quite a few, but covered Beatles, Beach Boys-all the Motown great hits-the 2 girls upfront were able to cut Chiffons, Supremes, and all those great Ronnie Spector numbers. Suzanne was a dead-ringer vocally for Linda Rondstadt, was a "belter" with a powerful voice. when she left, we pretty much eventually broke up-with over 400 songs under our belt. I still miss it-had to work out the , horn, brass, organ, piano-every hook for all these songs. The oboe line in "Ferry Cross the Mersey" was one of my favorites, but I never liked to cover sax parts with a keyboard-I didn't have a sax at the time, and had 2 keys to cover all these parts-SY77 was one-"Big Band" tone was very helpful on more than one part-kept my 4 hands (felt like I needed 4) but my chops were never better. Boy I miss it-but coming home 4 in the morning to teach the next day-I was getting older and was tough-and we played in some pretty rough clubs all around NJ, that was tough too. Saw 2 clubs raided by the police, one while we were there! and after auditioning around a dozen female vocalists, we never could find one as good as Suzanne, couldn't do some of our best covers anymore, really killed us.

I also have (not in this room) one of the earliest Lafayette LR9090 stereo receivers-which weighs in at about 30 pounds, still works perfectly (bought it in 1970 I recall, maybe sooner than that) and sounds amazing-have it hooked up to 4 3-way 12" speakers I designed and built-also years ago. Yes, the house is filled with musical equipment, and my wife is OK with all of it-that's the best part!
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Hello Drummond sorry I hijacked this post-if you care to, I'd be interested in a little rundown of what you have here, and it is amazingly well laid-out, must have taken a bit of planning (and an organized mind which I sometimes longingly long to get back, if I ever had one in he first place!) :lol:
Drummond
General
General

Post by Drummond »

Jesse wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:57 pm Glad you are doing well Drummond, the monitor speaker on the right looks like it's smiling :)
Lol, it's because it is, it gets happy when it is put to work :lol:
Access Virus B; Akai MPD18; Alesis Fusion 6HD, 384mb, 64gb ssd; Behringer FCB1010; Behringer Model D; Casio MT600 and PT82; Hammond XK1C; Korg Kronos, 3gb/160gb; Korg NanoPad 2; Moog Slim Phatty; Novation X-Station 61; Oberheim Matrix 1000; Univox Compac II; Yamaha Modx6; Cubase 11; Steinberg UR824 + 2 ADA8000; Motu Microlite
Drummond
General
General

Post by Drummond »

Jokeyman123 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:57 am Hello Drummond sorry I hijacked this post-if you care to, I'd be interested in a little rundown of what you have here, and it is amazingly well laid-out, must have taken a bit of planning (and an organized mind which I sometimes longingly long to get back, if I ever had one in he first place!) :lol:
Hi, I use the studio for a lot of stuff: audio for movies post-production, soundtracks for movies (local movies, nothing too big), recording my own music and recording bands (occasionally, using the other room which has drums etc). My setup is based around Cubase 11 with a Steinberg ur824 as main audio interface and motu micro lite as midi interface (for non usb midi synths). The ur824 is connected to 2 ada8000 so I have 24 channels of inputs. The synths are connect to those inputs for audio (I disconnect when recording bands) and to the motu and through usb for midi. The 2 video monitors run cubase and the larger tv displays the scenes from the movies I work on (usually). Reference monitors are Yamaha's HS80m and they are upside down so the tweeters are at year level. In the racks, beside ur824 and ada8000s I have behringer's ha4700 phone amplifier (I send 4 discrete mixes through that for live bands), rx1602 rack mixer (no use in the moment), tc m300 reverb and zoom g3 pedal (which are connected as external effects in Cubase). The desk was custom built locally. The keyboard stands are hercules ks210b and ibox bx2 with extra tier (Brazilian made). The i7 4790k, 16gb ddr3 ram, with ssd for system and aroung 15gb storage (including external backup drives) is under the desk. My synths and controller are listed in my signature, and not all of them are shown in the picture. I also have an upright acoustic piano inside the house. My studio is in the back of my house with a separate entrance and restroom. Everything is connected to an earthed power outlet and most gear go through one of 3 nobreaks (2400va total). There's a couch and more acoustic treatment in the back of the room and a piece of furniture where I have mics and other stuff waiting to be used. Audio cables from this control room go through a hole under the floor to the other room where micing is done. Audio cabling and plugs are mostly amphenol. I guess that's about it!
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Excellent-miles ahead of me! Thanks for replying. Inspiring me to go forward in terms of organizing...good idea re the mains. Been considering some type of whole-house protection although have plenty of juice in the mains, at least so far. Here in the Poconos I have full generator power-but is not filtered. I have 2 huge filtered AC converters to 2 12V batteries for that, comes in handy. Just curious about one thing-if you record in other areas onsite or off-how do you process other recordings you may be doing to sync with additional audio/software? Do you centralize all recording to Cubase? From your description, sounds like. Still don't have a good centralized system-if I record acoustic offsite-then use acoustic in-house and combine with midi/keys etc. still don't have a clear workflow. I will use hardware/software for everything depending-but still not too happy with finalized software production, but that might be my old fossilized way of doing things-I used to carry my TEAC 3340 around to record off-site sessions many years ago-how things have changed.
interkostal

Post by interkostal »

All the best for new 2021 to all, so let me wish to all:

The Corona will be only a beer again
When we meet that we can stand next to each other again - social distancing will be two words far apart only
being positive is again good thing only...
The tests will be again school matter
The isolation will be only for electricians and buildings
The mask is used only in carnivals
The lockdown is reserved for jailbirds only
Donald is again one duck from cartoon
etc
etc