deleting mixes, programs etc.

Have a cool tip for the fusion? Or maybe you're looking for one? Here's the place!!

Moderators: parametric, Jesse

Jokeyman123
General
General
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

deleting mixes, programs etc.

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Just when I thought i couldn't be stumped again. 2 problems, minor and probably answered here somewhere-

1) I had trouble loading all the ultimate piano programs and samples-I still have the unexpanded RAM 64MB, and tried to load the entire volume at once, probably my first mistake. Since the Fusion was locking up-I simply reloaded 1.24 OS, problem solved but apparently this did not delete the old ultimate piano programs looking for the samples-these are still in the Fusion, I cannot figure out how to delete these-I am guessing (again) this needs to be done from the computer connected to USB? I understand the Fusion file structure pretty well, but not sure how to proceed with this.

2) Same with mixes and songs-easy enough to delete individual song tracks, mixes not sure-but if I want to delete the entire mix or song I created, does this have to be done from the Fusion's "volume" folder when connected to computer via USB? I can't seem to find instructions on how to do this internally-from within Fusion without the computer connection. Moving along well with song recorder-wow there is alot of data on each screen!
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: deleting mixes, programs etc.

Post by parametric »

I've not connected my Fusion by USB for along time now, but IIRC . . .

If you do ANYTHING on the computer to the connected Fusion_HD - AFTER it is released for you computer - you Must go the <Global>

menu and Verify everything . . . . . tick all the options - and <execute>

This operation re-writes the various Bank.txt files based on what the Fusion SEES . . . so it should take account of what you have altered.

Especially important if you have removed stuff. The Fusion needs to know it's gone - IYSWIM . . . :wink:

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Thank you Parametric-I'd followed your excellent posts re Yamaha for quite awhile, I was very happy to see your posts here too, knew I'd be in a good place to hack away at the Fusion platform.

I've got that routine down re global verifying-which needs to be done for every folder-problem was-after loading the ultimate piano volume folder-correctly into the root of the Fusion's folder-not its volume folder-it crashed probably due to insufficient memory-so I could not get the global screen up and running-thus I decided to reload the OS-guess why these programs are still hanging in.

Glad you described the .txt files which I still had not been entirely clear to me, these are "pointers" or 'tables" for each individual sample, program, mix etc. Knowing that the verify process corrects/updates/deletes these as necessary-Now i can see how important these are. i can check inside these to make sure each .txt file matches what I am seeing in its folder for programs, etc.

The Alesis file structure seems very close to the old Equinox/SK76-very much like Windows OS file structure-makes it a little easier for a computer dinosaur like me. equinox was limited to the DOS naming structure 8 characters only, the Fusion is much better. No problem, I will study the volume folder from my computer/USB still have much to learn-getting tougher to keep track of software DAW's endless functions (which I never cared much for) and all the very deep OS for my "ancient instruments"-the TS12 manual was close to 500 pages long and my GEM boards were developed not only in Italy-but by MIT engineers (yeah I study alot) even the Fusion manuals-the reference, the "quickstart-296 page manual-and all the other docs-will be busy reading for quite some time.
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Possibly bad news, I just connected my Fusion to my music room computer running Win 10 and my Fusion's USB connection and my computer does not recognize the Fusion's hard drive :(
I will try my laptop with win 10 if that does not work I will try win 7.

My Fusion hard drive did not show up on my win 10 laptop either:(

This is not good!

I will have to use a win 7 boot disk to see if the Fusion's hard drive is recognized.
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Jesse-no coincidence. Yesterday-before posting this about programs, etc. Windows 7 did not see the Fusion at all-on a different 7 machine although I've already had it running and connected on my Lenovo T520. I noticed-I had to go to the Global settings menu for USB-I had it set to high-speed, then switched it back to automatic, and it worked. I think that was the problem. I'm not sure-it was that or I simply clicked the box for on/off USB. surprised me a bit, why I wasn't paying attention, Don't remember what the default setting was. Not sure why this doesn't seem to work in high-speed, I'll check it again, could be wrong. I think the Alesis is either using USB 1.00 as default-and high-speed, back then was still considered USB 2.0. As far as deleting-mixes-I deleted a factory song, and now I forgot how, d*** I hate CRS disease! I think I did it with the computer directly from the Fusion volume folder-This keyboard is fantastic-the more I work with it-I kept my TS12 for all these years because the drumkits were incredibly clear and powerful-I had not heard anything as good on anything newer-until I got the Fusion. I also hear some of the more difficult TS12 and SY77 sounds on this-amazing. sounds again I had not heard on anything else- but the SY77 stays-I have a huge database of SY77 sounds I can't let go of-some of the FM sounds created by the real FM masters-i can't play them at night-it scares me what FM can do-and yet the Alesis has landed with certainly some of the same capabilities. I know i should post this somewhere else here-but for giggles-here is where I'm coming from-"Chernobyl" I wrote over 15 years ago-on the SY77, yes I'm good at parties! It's an mp3 zip format. You may not like it. I must have had a bad day teaching.....and if you want to scare the neighbors.....A pretty girl is like a melody....I haven't copyrighted it, i didn't think anybody would steal it.....but this is the SY77, and what FM can do with a warped musical mind :mrgreen: Imagining what I can do with the fusion.....
Attachments
Chernobyl.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 16 times
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Play it in windows media player with Alchemy visualizations

Went back into my music room and checked my usb settings, I must have accidentally disabled the usb port, it works with both auto & hispeed so I left it on hispeed :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hey JM123,

I like the track . . . . I can visualise someone trying to LEAVE a Tubular Bells Warehouse Quietly - in the dead of night

and failing miserably . . . . :lol:

I always left the Fusion on high speed (usb2) and it has always worked for me - currently on Win10 64 Home . . .

I have the Factory Songs complete with their Audio Payload, if you require them . . . . ?

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yep, I deleted the factory demos-forgot to back them up. I'll take 'em!

I created this "Chernobyl" piece after reading a Russian helicopter pilot's firsthand experience doing a reconnaissance mission over Chernobyl right after it blew-he was there-had to fly directly over the cone of radiation as it went clear into outer space as he described it. He pretty much had no choice-was a military mission ordered by the Communist govt. at the time. He described how the radiation shone right through the metal in his copter, what a frightening thing it must have been for this poor pilot. The article was in a Reader's Digest-I was so moved, still have the article-he died of radiation-induced cancer not too soon after this but wrote his account before he passed away.

I'm usually able to keep these things in some kind of perspective-look on the bright side-but was devastating to read his experience directly- communicated my feelings the only way I knew how-create a "tone poem" about it. Varese did something similar-a piece called "Ionisation"-meant to communicate the horrors of WWI he had experienced. Not exactly cheery music, but music can change the world for the better I believe. Off my soapbox. Just got my 2nd Fusion 8HD-in the factory box-from Nashville, Tennessee-haven't even opened it yet. I guess some studio didn't want it. I do! another SSD, another memory upgrade-eek! Maybe not right away.....maybe after Christmas. Certainly no excuse anymore to keep honing my piano and composing chops!!
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Apparently-there is no way to completely delete one of my songs directly from within the Fusion-has to be done with USB computer connection? Looks like, unless i delete track by track?
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hmm . . .

I don't think I've ever tried?

USB is probably best . . .

One thing to remember though, IF you move/delete any Programs or Banks, Any SONGS that use those Sounds will complain

they are missing and usually insert the Holy Grail Piano instead . . .

It is incredibly important to understand how the Fusion's Filing system works, AND to verify-All each time you alter anything

on the HD

Chris

Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yes, I think the only way to really "delete" a song is to do it through the USB connection. There doesn't seem to be a function that removes a song in the menu options-and since these end up being fusion-specific files, I guess these must be removed "manually" from the volume folder-and then run through the verify process. Then again, with a 120GB HD, guess I don't need to worry about disk space anyway. I did install the largest western digital I had in this after all, and unless I do alot of hard disk recording-I'll have plenty of room. :dance:
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

How to Delete Files on the Fusion using the Global Options

How to Delete Files on the Alesis Fusion.pdf
How to Delete Files on the Alesis Fusion
(84.75 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Thanks Jesse . . . I'd forgotten . . . . .

Chris

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

I had to do a lot of reading and playing around on the Fusion to get the information together, it was a good refresher for me :)
I just updated the file with a little more information.
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

CRS disease strikes again-just noticed this re deleting songs....thanks Jesse, nice compact chart. Good for not so nice uncompact me!