deleting mixes, programs etc.

Have a cool tip for the fusion? Or maybe you're looking for one? Here's the place!!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, Jesse, parametric

Jokeyman123
General
General
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

deleting mixes, programs etc.

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Just when I thought i couldn't be stumped again. 2 problems, minor and probably answered here somewhere-

1) I had trouble loading all the ultimate piano programs and samples-I still have the unexpanded RAM 64MB, and tried to load the entire volume at once, probably my first mistake. Since the Fusion was locking up-I simply reloaded 1.24 OS, problem solved but apparently this did not delete the old ultimate piano programs looking for the samples-these are still in the Fusion, I cannot figure out how to delete these-I am guessing (again) this needs to be done from the computer connected to USB? I understand the Fusion file structure pretty well, but not sure how to proceed with this.

2) Same with mixes and songs-easy enough to delete individual song tracks, mixes not sure-but if I want to delete the entire mix or song I created, does this have to be done from the Fusion's "volume" folder when connected to computer via USB? I can't seem to find instructions on how to do this internally-from within Fusion without the computer connection. Moving along well with song recorder-wow there is alot of data on each screen!
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: deleting mixes, programs etc.

Post by parametric »

I've not connected my Fusion by USB for along time now, but IIRC . . .

If you do ANYTHING on the computer to the connected Fusion_HD - AFTER it is released for you computer - you Must go the <Global>

menu and Verify everything . . . . . tick all the options - and <execute>

This operation re-writes the various Bank.txt files based on what the Fusion SEES . . . so it should take account of what you have altered.

Especially important if you have removed stuff. The Fusion needs to know it's gone - IYSWIM . . . :wink:

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Thank you Parametric-I'd followed your excellent posts re Yamaha for quite awhile, I was very happy to see your posts here too, knew I'd be in a good place to hack away at the Fusion platform.

I've got that routine down re global verifying-which needs to be done for every folder-problem was-after loading the ultimate piano volume folder-correctly into the root of the Fusion's folder-not its volume folder-it crashed probably due to insufficient memory-so I could not get the global screen up and running-thus I decided to reload the OS-guess why these programs are still hanging in.

Glad you described the .txt files which I still had not been entirely clear to me, these are "pointers" or 'tables" for each individual sample, program, mix etc. Knowing that the verify process corrects/updates/deletes these as necessary-Now i can see how important these are. i can check inside these to make sure each .txt file matches what I am seeing in its folder for programs, etc.

The Alesis file structure seems very close to the old Equinox/SK76-very much like Windows OS file structure-makes it a little easier for a computer dinosaur like me. equinox was limited to the DOS naming structure 8 characters only, the Fusion is much better. No problem, I will study the volume folder from my computer/USB still have much to learn-getting tougher to keep track of software DAW's endless functions (which I never cared much for) and all the very deep OS for my "ancient instruments"-the TS12 manual was close to 500 pages long and my GEM boards were developed not only in Italy-but by MIT engineers (yeah I study alot) even the Fusion manuals-the reference, the "quickstart-296 page manual-and all the other docs-will be busy reading for quite some time.
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Possibly bad news, I just connected my Fusion to my music room computer running Win 10 and my Fusion's USB connection and my computer does not recognize the Fusion's hard drive :(
I will try my laptop with win 10 if that does not work I will try win 7.

My Fusion hard drive did not show up on my win 10 laptop either:(

This is not good!

I will have to use a win 7 boot disk to see if the Fusion's hard drive is recognized.
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Jesse-no coincidence. Yesterday-before posting this about programs, etc. Windows 7 did not see the Fusion at all-on a different 7 machine although I've already had it running and connected on my Lenovo T520. I noticed-I had to go to the Global settings menu for USB-I had it set to high-speed, then switched it back to automatic, and it worked. I think that was the problem. I'm not sure-it was that or I simply clicked the box for on/off USB. surprised me a bit, why I wasn't paying attention, Don't remember what the default setting was. Not sure why this doesn't seem to work in high-speed, I'll check it again, could be wrong. I think the Alesis is either using USB 1.00 as default-and high-speed, back then was still considered USB 2.0. As far as deleting-mixes-I deleted a factory song, and now I forgot how, d*** I hate CRS disease! I think I did it with the computer directly from the Fusion volume folder-This keyboard is fantastic-the more I work with it-I kept my TS12 for all these years because the drumkits were incredibly clear and powerful-I had not heard anything as good on anything newer-until I got the Fusion. I also hear some of the more difficult TS12 and SY77 sounds on this-amazing. sounds again I had not heard on anything else- but the SY77 stays-I have a huge database of SY77 sounds I can't let go of-some of the FM sounds created by the real FM masters-i can't play them at night-it scares me what FM can do-and yet the Alesis has landed with certainly some of the same capabilities. I know i should post this somewhere else here-but for giggles-here is where I'm coming from-"Chernobyl" I wrote over 15 years ago-on the SY77, yes I'm good at parties! It's an mp3 zip format. You may not like it. I must have had a bad day teaching.....and if you want to scare the neighbors.....A pretty girl is like a melody....I haven't copyrighted it, i didn't think anybody would steal it.....but this is the SY77, and what FM can do with a warped musical mind :mrgreen: Imagining what I can do with the fusion.....
Attachments
Chernobyl.zip
(2.34 MiB) Downloaded 17 times
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Play it in windows media player with Alchemy visualizations

Went back into my music room and checked my usb settings, I must have accidentally disabled the usb port, it works with both auto & hispeed so I left it on hispeed :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hey JM123,

I like the track . . . . I can visualise someone trying to LEAVE a Tubular Bells Warehouse Quietly - in the dead of night

and failing miserably . . . . :lol:

I always left the Fusion on high speed (usb2) and it has always worked for me - currently on Win10 64 Home . . .

I have the Factory Songs complete with their Audio Payload, if you require them . . . . ?

ATB

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yep, I deleted the factory demos-forgot to back them up. I'll take 'em!

I created this "Chernobyl" piece after reading a Russian helicopter pilot's firsthand experience doing a reconnaissance mission over Chernobyl right after it blew-he was there-had to fly directly over the cone of radiation as it went clear into outer space as he described it. He pretty much had no choice-was a military mission ordered by the Communist govt. at the time. He described how the radiation shone right through the metal in his copter, what a frightening thing it must have been for this poor pilot. The article was in a Reader's Digest-I was so moved, still have the article-he died of radiation-induced cancer not too soon after this but wrote his account before he passed away.

I'm usually able to keep these things in some kind of perspective-look on the bright side-but was devastating to read his experience directly- communicated my feelings the only way I knew how-create a "tone poem" about it. Varese did something similar-a piece called "Ionisation"-meant to communicate the horrors of WWI he had experienced. Not exactly cheery music, but music can change the world for the better I believe. Off my soapbox. Just got my 2nd Fusion 8HD-in the factory box-from Nashville, Tennessee-haven't even opened it yet. I guess some studio didn't want it. I do! another SSD, another memory upgrade-eek! Maybe not right away.....maybe after Christmas. Certainly no excuse anymore to keep honing my piano and composing chops!!
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Apparently-there is no way to completely delete one of my songs directly from within the Fusion-has to be done with USB computer connection? Looks like, unless i delete track by track?
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hmm . . .

I don't think I've ever tried?

USB is probably best . . .

One thing to remember though, IF you move/delete any Programs or Banks, Any SONGS that use those Sounds will complain

they are missing and usually insert the Holy Grail Piano instead . . .

It is incredibly important to understand how the Fusion's Filing system works, AND to verify-All each time you alter anything

on the HD

Chris

Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Yes, I think the only way to really "delete" a song is to do it through the USB connection. There doesn't seem to be a function that removes a song in the menu options-and since these end up being fusion-specific files, I guess these must be removed "manually" from the volume folder-and then run through the verify process. Then again, with a 120GB HD, guess I don't need to worry about disk space anyway. I did install the largest western digital I had in this after all, and unless I do alot of hard disk recording-I'll have plenty of room. :dance:
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

How to Delete Files on the Fusion using the Global Options

How to Delete Files on the Alesis Fusion.pdf
How to Delete Files on the Alesis Fusion
(84.75 KiB) Downloaded 22 times
parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Thanks Jesse . . . I'd forgotten . . . . .

Chris

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

I had to do a lot of reading and playing around on the Fusion to get the information together, it was a good refresher for me :)
I just updated the file with a little more information.
Jokeyman123
General
General

Post by Jokeyman123 »

CRS disease strikes again-just noticed this re deleting songs....thanks Jesse, nice compact chart. Good for not so nice uncompact me!