Updating the OS?

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: Updating the OS?

Post by Jesse »

the synthman wrote:
Jesse wrote:Use the Fusion_Image_v124.bin
ok thanks will this leave my user installed samples intact
Yes, but it is always good to back up your Fusion Volume folder prior to making any changes :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
the synthman
Junior
Junior

Post by the synthman »

Hey Jesse. Thanks for the info. I have 4G cf card. Can I save the volume that's on the fusion and also put the the new OS volume Inc rom on the same card?. About how long does it take to update the OS, rom files? I will be doing this on the fusion as I don't have a card reader on my computer.
Last edited by the synthman on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the synthman
Junior
Junior

Post by the synthman »

Just turned my fusion on to copy the volume to cf card and I got the following message on screen.

ERROR (Veng) Load Request Refused Error code (0x0701000F).

I had to keep pressing the ok button to get it to go. Any ideas what this means. It's never come up before. But hey wait a minute. Does it even matter if I'm going to update the OS anyway. Still I would like to know what it means? Ok I think I've found the answer on the forum.
the synthman
Junior
Junior

Post by the synthman »

Ok. Panic over. I just did a factory reset and that sorted it. Phew :lol:
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

the synthman wrote:Hey Jesse. Thanks for the info. I have 4G cf card. Can I save the volume that's on the fusion and also put the the new OS volume Inc rom on the same card?. About how long does it take to update the OS, rom files? I will be doing this on the fusion as I don't have a card reader on my computer.
It would be faster to use the USB connection between your computer & Fusion to copy your Fusion's Volume folder to your computer.

Your Fusion's Volume folder is probably larger than 4GB and would not fit on the CF card anyway.
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank
the synthman
Junior
Junior

Post by the synthman »

Hi Jesse.
Well I did it. I now have the following info on the system info screen.
Boot version. 1.10.
OS version. 1.24.
Sound ROM version. 1.24

I take that it's all upto date! Now.

Edit. 4G cf card had loads of space left on it!.
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Great, so now it's time to have some fun :)
Sir Raven
Junior
Junior

Post by Sir Raven »

kpr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 amThere are no samples in a Flash ROM, everything is located on the hard disc.
It has been a while now but I, just yesterday, booted my Fusion without a hard disc connected. The ROM sounds were present and playable. This proves that the ROM samples are not located on the hard drive. An important information if you plan to exchange the drive and anything goes wrong, the Fusion will still be alive.

Cheers
Ted
kpr
Advanced
Advanced

Post by kpr »

Sir Raven wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:05 am
kpr wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:12 amThere are no samples in a Flash ROM, everything is located on the hard disc.
It has been a while now but I, just yesterday, booted my Fusion without a hard disc connected. The ROM sounds were present and playable. This proves that the ROM samples are not located on the hard drive. An important information if you plan to exchange the drive and anything goes wrong, the Fusion will still be alive.

Cheers
Ted
Wrong quote, I updated that one little later:

"That's it.

I was slightly incorrect in my above posted quote as there are not the samples in the ROM, but the script of their locations and this data is in the image file. Correct is "With OS 1.24 several previously in the ROM stored samples script references were erased and the samples got a new location on harddisk instead and the ROM 5 was created."

The mentioned list of the then moved samples is an Excel data sheet and everyone who was involved in the development got it.

Sorry for any mess."
Rock´n Roll is music, not driving instructions.
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Hello Klaus, glad you are still checking here once in awhile, I hope you and your associates are all healthy and active :)

Take Care ... Jesse