real factory reset - not the play+rec thing

General questions about the fusion belong here.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

pergesu
General
General

real factory reset - not the play+rec thing

Post by pergesu »

Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to do a complete reset of the fusion. I've read every post in the forum that includes the word "reset" but they all show the play+rec "reset" which simply resets the global settings and doesn't erase favorites or stuff like that. So basically I don't trust that play+rec is actually a reset.

How do I reset the fusion so that it's the exact same as the day I took it out of the box?
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: real factory reset - not the play+rec thing

Post by Jesse »

pergesu wrote:Hi, I'm wondering if there's a way to do a complete reset of the fusion. I've read every post in the forum that includes the word "reset" but they all show the play+rec "reset" which simply resets the global settings and doesn't erase favorites or stuff like that. So basically I don't trust that play+rec is actually a reset.

How do I reset the fusion so that it's the exact same as the day I took it out of the box?
That does reset the default hardware settings, if you wnat get the hard drive back to default back up your Fusion hard drive, then reformat the hard drive using the Fusion onboard hard drive format utility and then install what ever you want on it.

Or delete the contents in the favorites folder, which is just copies of programs you placed there and really takes up very little space - the fastest way to do this is connect your Fusion to your PC by usb
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank