Sorting factory sounds by FM/PM/VA/Samples etc.

Looking for new sounds?? Created or edited a sound? Share 'em here!

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, Jesse, parametric

Jokeyman123
General
General
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Sorting factory sounds by FM/PM/VA/Samples etc.

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Somewhere I came a cross a doc that listed programs by which synth engine is being used to create each program. Can't find it-if anyone knows what I'm referring to-point me there. Programming new sounds-alot easier if i can quickly find which sound engine is being used, and i understand many are a combination of samples and other sound engines. I can figure it out myself-but will take alot of time to sort all these out. Thanks.
Jokeyman123
General
General

Re: Sorting factory sounds by FM/PM/VA/Samples etc.

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Still nobody-I know I came across this doc somewhere-I've looked through every doc I've found here, can't find this. It listed all the programs/banks (we have those here) but somewhere I came across a list of all the programs-but sorted by which Fusion engine was used to create these-VA/sample/PM/FM etc. Since there are thousands of sounds on my Fusion now-well hundreds-with this list it would be quicker to sort categories grouped like this into the favorites folders.

Related to this-and I found this question here from a few years ago but no answer to my knowledge-since the empty "fav" categories show up in the Fusion menu system-where are these in the volume folder? Will these be created in the volume folder once i start copying programs to the fav 1,2 etc. using the Fusion's menu system "add to favorites" from the program edit screen? If not, where do these end up when I copy these over?
Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sorting factory sounds by FM/PM/VA/Samples etc.

Post by Jesse »

I know the Fusion can sort programs (sounds) by category, but I don't remember it being able to sort by the synth engine being used to create the programs (sounds), although that would be nice :) Seems like you would have to go into edit mode to see which synths were being used in the programs (sounds) :(
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank