Edit old FusiionZone message links to work in this Forum

News and announcements for the Alesis Fusion will be here.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Edit old FusiionZone message links to work in this Forum

Post by Jesse »

To edit an old Fusionzone web site message link you posted so they work on this new Fusionzone website.

Replace this promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?

With this alesismusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?

Jesse
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Edit old FusiionZone message links to work in this Forum

Post by parametric »

Indeed Jesse - I've been doing so as I've come across them . . . .

Correcting them ALL though, seems a daunting prospect. :lol:

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Yes, I know almost 15 years of posts is a lot!

It would be nice if there was a utility that could search and edit these automatically :)

Being as this is basically a database it may be possible, perhaps phpBB has such a utility?

If there was a search and replace function like in a word processor that would be nice?
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Saul
Publisher
Do you own a fusion?: No

Post by Saul »

There is a function via MySQL so I will look into it.
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Thanks Saul that would save us a lot of time :)

Backup the Forum Database first though right

Jesse

Sir Raven
Junior
Junior

Post by Sir Raven »

If it is a MySQL data base (or almost any other SQL data base) and you have direct access (update privilege) I could write a script to replace the links. SQL is my job.

Cheers
Ted

Saul
Publisher
Do you own a fusion?: No

Post by Saul »

I did try a search and replace but it took out whole posts instead of just replacing the link.

Ted it is indeed MySQL so if you have a script that will do this please let me know? :)
Dowina Acoustic Guitars: Dowina Cabernet DC
Dowina Chardonnay GAC DS - Dowina Rustica GAC - Dowina Marus - Dowina Puella

CASIO PX-S1000/Vintage VE2000GG Gordon Giltrap/Ibanez AE245/Arturia Keylab 61 MKII/Arturia Analog Lab 3/Arturia Piano V2/Pianoteq 6 Pro/Apple iMac 27"/Logic Pro X/Ableton Live 10/Behringer QX1202USB Mixer/Presonus Eris 4.5 Active Monitors. Whites DFX 300mm!

Sir Raven
Junior
Junior

Post by Sir Raven »

Hi Saul,

If you can tell me the table name, column name and column data type (i suppose type text) I can write the script for you.

For security reasons there will be three scripts. The first one will do the following:
1. Create a copy of the original table (for the case anything should go wrong).
2. Count the rows to update. You should memorise the number to compare after step 3.

For the second one:
3. Update the relevant rows by replacing 'promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?' with 'alesismusic.com/forum/viewtopic.php?'. Now you should compare the number of updated rows with the number from step 2. If the numbers differ, something probably went wrong.
4. Again the numbers of the rows containing 'promusicproducts.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?' will be counted. The result obviously should be zero.

The third script should only be run when the second script succeeded. It will delete the backup copy created in step 1.

Another way is to gain me temporary access to the DB and I could create an run the scripts directly on the DB and leave them there as stored procedures for further use and extended flexibility. I am fully aware of the security issues of gaining access to a stranger and won't be mad at you in any way if you decide not to do it.

Cheers
Ted