Possible UK keyboard repair/techs

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

Jokeyman123
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Possible UK keyboard repair/techs

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I don't know if this would be useful or relevant to any of my Fusion buddies in the UK-but surprisingly found these links on the recently resurrected GEMClub (yeah!) I suppose you all may be familiar with these 2 businesses but just in case.

Now if I could only find a US equivalent-since TSI in Midland park is gone, once a source of our US repairs and one of the few left to do anything with electronic musical instruments-I came across a new synthesizer/keyboard shop in my old neighborhood in Hawthorne, NJ-and with a huge on-site inventory of keys old and new-for those interested...this is a huge surprise as I lived there for 15 years and never noticed this place-then again, it might be fairly new as this area of hawthorne was largely old manufacturing buildings, some of which were vacant for a long time.

http://threewavemusic.com/

am in the process of contacting them to see if they may have competent repair techs-it may be so as Hawthorne neighbors Midland Park in Nj-might be the TSI techs are there now-and I am in that area frequently with family that still reside nearby. Will update when I can.

http://www.mattpadden.com/repair-services.html

https://synthservice.com/
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Possible UK keyboard repair/techs

Post by Jesse »

I hope some TSI techs are working there, keep me updated please.
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Re: Possible UK keyboard repair/techs

Post by Jokeyman123 »

I will. I may be down there next week-will see if I can visit the shop. meanwhile, I will email although I did once and did not get a reply. Might be best to get there in person. I can't imagine they would not have at least one tech person on staff. Connections are everything. and re the other post re power supply-I will study schematics (thanks for that Jesse), start to see if I can source some parts-and look into IC fabrication kits. Haven't done one in a long time-but with all the Arduino out there now, I',m sure i can come up with an IC board burning kit-I'd even build a perfboard if I have to but for a supply, not the best. I'll have to bone up on my electronics, won't take alot. The coil might be tough to get too. Where there's a will, there's a way. I had to scrap a beautiful GEM SK76 because the power supply went bad-and I did not bother to rebuild it. A big mistake.