AlesisFusion Error's, Problems, Repairs, Upgrades, Utilities

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric, jeebustrain

delta25
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Re: AlesisFusion Error's, Problems, Repairs, Upgrades, Utili

Post by delta25 »

Dear Fusionner's

I have an issue with my 6HD.
I made a connexion to my computer through USB and when I wrote a file or I made a backup
the level of transfer is very low around 2 Mb/s.
I tried with a laptop I have the same behaviour.
I've changed the HD with an other and No change. I re-installed the OS 1.24: no changes. :cry:
Is some one has an idea of how to repair this.
Is it a definitve issue from the main pcb or what ? :?

Than you very much for your support !!

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Were you transferring files from the Fusion to your computer by the Fusions's USB port?

USB 2.0 is a little slow, I checked file transfer on my Fusion & my computer;

1. From Fusion hard drive to computer hard drive by USB - Best rate 1.80 MB/second

2. From computer hard drive to Fusion hard drive by USB - Best rate 1.40 MB/second
I would like to see a comparison from some one with an SSD drive installed, I just transferred some of the sample file folder (a little over 500 MB) from the Fusion to the computer then from the computer back to the Fusion :)
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Cheap and easy Fusion volume pot replacement, step-by-step by Pablo
http://fusioneer.proboards.com/thread/2 ... eplacement
[quote} My 8HD Volume Pot became noisy (not an unknown problem). I finally found a replacement, both cheap and easy to install, and know the noise is away for some other years to come. If interested, check out my detailed step-by-step guide with photos. The replacement part is 'deprecated' (no longer produced, but a large stock is still available from Mouser.com)
Regards to all.
Pablo
[/quote]

Pablo, Thanks for adding to the knowledge base of the Fusion community :)

Data Sheet
Tempus & Ludwig drums, Roto Toms-Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire mixer, AKG D112-Behringer, B2-Shure, Beta 58a mics, Win10, Audigy soundcard, Audition3 & East West Goliath sound bank

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Audio Sync Failed - ERROR

Post by rogrm »

Hi, does anyone know this error?
The error code is "0x01000018". Message "Audio Sync Failed" "Please Reboot Fusion".
I didn't find this error on FUSION ERROR CODES - UPDATE 7-17-2013.pdf file.

Some mix doesn't sounds. I had this problem while playing in a show. I tryed reboot pressing "play and record", but it didn't solve the problem.

Now I'll try reinstalling the OS. I hope it solve the problem.

I'd really apreciate if someone has a solution for this.

Thank you.

mstsfreak
Advanced
Advanced

Re: Audio Sync Failed - ERROR

Post by mstsfreak »

rogrm wrote:Hi, does anyone know this error?
The error code is "0x01000018". Message "Audio Sync Failed" "Please Reboot Fusion".

Some mix doesn't sounds. I had this problem while playing in a show. I tryed reboot pressing "play and record", but it didn't solve the problem.

Thank you.
Which version of the OS were you using? The versions including OS1.23 were indeed suffering from audio sync problems. In OS 1.24 this got fixed.

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm »

I'm using 1.24 version.

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Re: Audio Sync Failed - ERROR

Post by rogrm »

mstsfreak wrote:
rogrm wrote:Hi, does anyone know this error?

Thank you.
Which version of the OS were you using? The versions including OS1.23 were indeed suffering from audio sync problems. In OS 1.24 this got fixed.
Hi everyone.

Bad news. I formatted my fusion, reinstalled the 1.24 OS, but the problem didn't solve. Everytime I turn it on the keyboard shows a message: "Audio Sync Failed". The major problem is while using mix or song mode, some programs doesn't sound. If I add the same mix part in another track, it sounds, but if I dell that part, the error comes again. It look like the fusion doesn't play the 4th track in mix mode, but this is not a rule, because the affected track is randomly (aleatory). So I have to do this in all of my mix banks, but I don't know when it affect the recreatted mixes.

Does anyone has any idea?
Sorry for my bad english.

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hi <rogrm>,

Sorry to hear you are having problems . . I don't have a solution for you on this sadly - but it might be worth opening the Fusion and check all the connectors that run between the various boards.

I could be that a bad connection is preventing "handshaking" between some elements of the circuit.

If you can - go through them one by one, if possible, unplug and re-plug as many as you can.

I think this is the best you can do WITHOUT recourse to a Technical repair facility.

Sadly, the error code document is all we have at present and it has been compiled by individuals "discovering (and solving) them" as they have occurred.

You could try asking the question to Alesis/Akai/Numark (You don't say WHERE you live) and see if you can get any help there . . . .

As far as I know, a list of error codes has never been officially published (same with the MIDI data format) - so we are rather in the dark.

I'd prefer to believe it's a bad connection - so let's start there . . . . :)

If you tell me WHICH Fusion you have 6HD or 8HD? I can attach instructions to open it up . . .

Best Regards

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

https://chrisnmiller.co.uk/Chris

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm »

parametric wrote:Hi <rogrm>,

Sorry to hear you are having problems . . I don't have a solution for you on this sadly - but it might be worth opening the Fusion and check all the connectors that run between the various boards.

I could be that a bad connection is preventing "handshaking" between some elements of the circuit.

If you can - go through them one by one, if possible, unplug and re-plug as many as you can.

I think this is the best you can do WITHOUT recourse to a Technical repair facility.

Sadly, the error code document is all we have at present and it has been compiled by individuals "discovering (and solving) them" as they have occurred.

You could try asking the question to Alesis/Akai/Numark (You don't say WHERE you live) and see if you can get any help there . . . .

As far as I know, a list of error codes has never been officially published (same with the MIDI data format) - so we are rather in the dark.

I'd prefer to believe it's a bad connection - so let's start there . . . . :)

If you tell me WHICH Fusion you have 6HD or 8HD? I can attach instructions to open it up . . .

Best Regards

parametric
Hi parametric,

really aprecciate your response. I live in Brazil, I don't know any alesis specialized service in town, but I have some technical knowledge. My Fusion is a 6HD. I will try check the connectors and HD replacement. The HD has almost 8 years, maybe its time to replace it when I open my keyb up.

Let's wait a great 2015 year and I hope I can fix my Fusion.

Thanks a lot.

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

You are welcome <rogrm> :D

Perhaps this may help you?
Open Fusion 6HD.pdf
(545.6 KiB) Downloaded 348 times
Best Regards - (and all the Best for 2015, AND for your Fusion repairs . . . )

parametric
Alesis Fusions 8SSD + 6SSD/384Mb/120Gb SSD/Yamaha SY85/8.5Mb/1024kb/Yamaha MOXF6/1024Mb Flash/Akai ADVANCE61/NI Komplete11 Ultimate/Roland MT32/Bachmann double overstrung Baby Grand Piano/Win10 Pro/Ubuntu Mate 15.04/M-Audio MicroTrack

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm »

parametric wrote:You are welcome <rogrm> :D

Perhaps this may help you?
Open Fusion 6HD.pdf
Best Regards - (and all the Best for 2015, AND for your Fusion repairs . . . )

parametric
Thanks for the tutorial.

I didn't open my keyboard yet. I also will replace the old HD to a 120GB SSD. I only have doubt. What do you think about battery replace? Should I do it? My old QS6.1 never had this replacement, maybe it is not necessary.

parametric
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by parametric »

Hi rogrm,

I have personally NOT heard of anyone needing to replace the battery yet. They usually last for long times, though having said that, the battery IS soldered in. VERY usual for keyboards.

Obviously, opening the Fusion and working inside it HAS to be at your own risk. Only attempt this if you are happy about soldering/de-soldering and putting it back together. Perhaps, get a tech-savvy mate to help you if you are NOT happy to do this alone . . .

If you are going to remove the main pcb (perhaps to fit the SECOND E3 memory expansion chip that goes underneath) it seems a good idea to replace the battery at this point.

Whilst you CAN replace it with another soldered-in battery, many users prefer to fit a holder - so battery replacement becomes very simple.

The holders are easily obtainable.

Check the battery type required. It is probably written ON the battery or on the pcb.

Most likely it is a CR2032 (like on your PC motherboard), but could be a CR2025.

(If you have a dead motherboard handy - you can unsolder the holder and use that - if its a 2032 size)

Get the correct holder for whichever type and solder it in place of the old battery.

This way you then don't have to remove anything to fit a new battery - and, the replacement will then be a standard coin cell, rather than like the old one, with "legs" on . . . . .

This document details the E3 memory upgrade - and shows the battery . . . . .
Fusion 6_8HD-S80 E3 UPGRADE.pdf
(1.37 MiB) Downloaded 299 times
Hope that helps

parametric

Jesse
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jesse »

Information on The Fusion's battery is here http://www.promusicproducts.com/forum/p ... f=2&t=6560

rogrm
Junior
Junior

Post by rogrm »

Hi,

last night I tried fix my fusion 6HD. The first procedure was unplug and re-plug all connectors inside it. One of them was too weird. The power plug from keys isn't connect its negative wire (that flat cable under the keys), only the red wire is plugged in jack. The negative hole of the plug is clogged glue. Anyway, this was like this since I bought, more than 6 years ago, so I left that way.

The second procedure was installing the SSD Drive. I used the kit showed below. Unfortunately, the fusion doesn't recognize this media. Now I need to know if the problem is in the SSD drive or adapter.I'll try finding another IDE-SATA converter. I don't know about a specification SSD Drive. Dou you think that the SSD drive has a specific feature?

After all, I reinstalled the old IDE HD (80GB) and it did not show any audio sync message error (whallah!).

I didn't load my backup volume yet, I think the problem is not associate with HD. I hope that this problem doesn't surprise me again.
Attachments
SSD Drive and IDE-SATA Converter. This set did not work.
SSD Drive and IDE-SATA Converter. This set did not work.
kit SSD converter.jpg (55.7 KiB) Viewed 13898 times

mstsfreak
Advanced
Advanced

Post by mstsfreak »

As far as i know, SATA SSD's do not work in the Fusion, only PATA SSD's. It may be possible that an SATA-to-PATA convertor does the job also, but this is trial and error. You just have to find the right combination of convertor and SSD.
I hope that your Fusion works fine again?