Mod Wheel controlling leslie fast/slow

This is the place to post if you are having problems with you Fusion.

Moderators: Jesse, parametric

Jokeyman123
Do you own a fusion?: Yes

Mod Wheel controlling leslie fast/slow

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Just when I thought I could back away from the group for awhile-I had been struggling with the organ tones-trying to get a good setting for leslie fast/slow control-when I suddenly realized why I am struggling. And its a bugger.

Just for curious-I sat down at my 2nd 8HD, been mostly playing the one and not the other. Flipped on some organ programs-and discovered-the Leslie fast/slow setting with the mod wheel is working perfectly on almost every factory organ program on all 4 preset banks!! It is not working at all on the same programs in my other 8HD. So something is not right with the mod wheel (maybe)-although I was positive I calibrated both 8HDs. And...to make it worse...I am running OS 1.24-updated programs on both. I've noticed the boot rom is 1.02 on the one with the non-working mod wheel settings-but only with the organ programs-it's working as expected on everything else! My working mod wheel for organ leslie fast/slow control is running boot rom 1.10 although I can't see how that would matter. Very odd. I've examined all the modulation routings, effects settings-and everything is set the same on both 8HD's. Maddening. If anyone has any ideas as to what is going wrong-both 8HDs work flawlessly in every other respect-both have expanded memories, upgraded hard drives and same updated ROM installed. Good Grief as Charlie Brown used to say. This is the one with the replaqcement mainboard-and I'm wondering if that has something to do with this although i can't imagine how that could be, unless its a bug in this mainboard.
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mod Wheel controlling leslie fast/slow

Post by Jesse »

Which organ programs are you running that the mod wheel works with?
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks
Jokeyman123

Post by Jokeyman123 »

Jesse-I shouldn't have been so quick to jump to disaster conclusions-to answer your question-almost all the combo style programs are set to do this-just not the church style programs-and I solved the problem. It was the calibration of the mod wheel-I was wrong-I thought I had calbrated it-I ran diagnostics (1+8 on power up) and went to the mod and pitch wheel diagnostic screen-all codes showing "passed" but just to be sure-I did it again-mod wheel up-hit fast forward-mod wheel down hit rewind-and both codes changed-only by a few hex digits-and bam, problem solved-now all organ programs are bringing in a full fast/slow setting with the mod wheel-the way the factory intended it to work-and it was just the mod wheel calibration error. it literally disabled the mod wheel from working at all to control the leslie speed settings. So glad the solution owas a simple one, the leslie effect on this works pretty well-I think the brking speed between fast and slow is just about where ai'd want to it to be. Son of a gun. One other odd thing-some of the organ programs speed the leslie moving the mod wheel up-a few others by moving the mod wheel down-peculiar but it works! Back to sleep!
Jesse
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Jesse »

The Fusion Diagnostic tool is a very good & very important tool to have built in to this Beast :)

Glad you have it all working :)
Tempus & Ludwig Drums, Roto Toms, Djembe, Bongo's, Ibanez Bass, Fusion8HD, SUMO300 Amps, Alesis16 Firewire Mixer, AKG D112, Behringer B2, Shure Beta 58a Microphones, Windows 10, Audigy Soundcard, Audition 3, Sony MDR-7506 Headphones, Kontakt 6 & East West Goliath Sound Banks